---Sending a file from a Site Collection to another application RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everybody,

I am trying to copy a doc file from one library to another, BUT it is library in the OTHER WEB APPLICATION (it's extranet)

So when I do send file to  - it gives me an error. So is it possible to send the file there at all OR I have to download it to my hard drive and upload it again to extranet?

Thank you.

Monday, April 25, 2011 7:06 PM

Answers

• I am unable to send to another web application as well. I think windows explorer might be your easiest option, open both document libraries in windows explorer view and do copy/paste
    • Marked as answer by eclipsen2002 Monday, April 25, 2011 8:23 PM
    Monday, April 25, 2011 8:02 PM
  • Thanks for the input Todd!

Those are different applications (on different ports)

OK guys, I figured it out:

1.       Central Admin-n à Under General Settings: Configure Send to Connection à Fill in the options à Add

2.       The receiving site should have  Drop Off Library, Sending Site should have option with the name of the receiving site in the “Send to” option.

And here is the link to the explaination:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee424395.aspx

The only thing I need to send it to another library over there instead of "Drop off". Any thoughts how to do that?

Monday, April 25, 2011 8:22 PM

All replies

• I am unable to send to another web application as well. I think windows explorer might be your easiest option, open both document libraries in windows explorer view and do copy/paste
  • Is this merely an extension of your intranet application, or is it a different site collection?

What is the error message?

Peter Brunone Principal Consultant, Improving Enterprises
    Improving: It's what we do!
  • Thanks for the input Todd!

Those are different applications (on different ports)

OK guys, I figured it out:

1.       Central Admin-n à Under General Settings: Configure Send to Connection à Fill in the options à Add

2.       The receiving site should have  Drop Off Library, Sending Site should have option with the name of the receiving site in the “Send to” option.

And here is the link to the explaination:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee424395.aspx

The only thing I need to send it to another library over there instead of "Drop off". Any thoughts how to do that?

Monday, April 25, 2011 8:22 PM