none
SharePoint 2013 App Parts Programmatic Manipulation Using JSOM RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to use JSOM to pass pass parameters or values to several App parts and have not found any good examples of how to do it. The few documents that I've found seem to indicate that it can be done, but I'm not sure if its similar to how I would do that with app parts or not.

More specifically I would like to find one or more examples of how to somehow filter items displayed in a Picture Library app part, a Task App. part (the one with the timeline option), and others programmatically using javascript, jquery, and JSOM, if its possible.

So far I've tried doing this with the Image Viewer web part meeting with only limited success. I've been able to hide it and move it around a bit between zones, and even in updating the image it displays, based on a value selected from a dropdown select on the page. The only big thing wrong with what I've done with the Image Viewer programmatically, is that the image displayed is always an iteration behind the currently selected value, of the dropdown. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Henry

Thursday, March 23, 2017 9:31 PM

All replies