Signing In Web Form RRS feed

• Question

• User-1811435679 posted
    hi,

im doing my Project in ASP.NET,

I have to sign in web page,

for that i created one windows control, and imported that control in web page using <object>,

That Windows Control Contain PictureBox,

So My Job Was easy,

i sign with the help of Paint,mousedown,mousemove event,

so i'm trying to create Server control like that control,

in ASP.NET i dont know how to inherit Paint,Mousemove,MouseDown event in webpage,

dont know how to proceed further,

Thanks In Advance

Thursday, January 18, 2007 4:59 AM

All replies

• User-1614457691 posted

hi,

im doing my Project in ASP.NET,

I have to sign in web page,

for that i created one windows control, and imported that control in web page using <object>,

That Windows Control Contain PictureBox,

So My Job Was easy,

i sign with the help of Paint,mousedown,mousemove event,

so i'm trying to create Server control like that control,

in ASP.NET i dont know how to inherit Paint,Mousemove,MouseDown event in webpage,

dont know how to proceed further,

Thanks In Advance

Instead of running the risk of re-inventing the wheel, you may want to look at this built-in control...

Login Web Server Control Declarative Syntax

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms228308.aspx

HTH.

Thank you.

-- Mark Kamoski

Thursday, January 18, 2007 10:11 AM
  • User1415983342 posted
    When do you want such events - at design or run time? and where - runtime serverside or client-side, design-time properties windows e.g. color picker form of e.g. Color property of your custom control, designtime smart tags?

What do you mean under "sign in web page"?
    Thursday, January 18, 2007 10:12 AM
  • User44880335 posted

Hi Mr. mkamoski...

I have somewhat a similar problem.

I use the ASP.NET project as a MembershipProvider for a Windows Forms Application.

therefor I would love my ASP.NET project to start with a System.Windows.Form class.

is there any way to do this?

Wednesday, January 16, 2008 12:21 PM
  • User-1614457691 posted

...therefor I would love my ASP.NET project to start with a System.Windows.Form class.

is there any way to do this?

I think that one way to do this would be to wrap the Windows Forms control(s) in an ActiveX control and then host it.

Here is a good article that will help you get started...

Create Rich User Interfaces by Injecting Windows Forms Controls into Your ASP.NET Web Pages

By Steve C. Orr

http://steveorr.net/articles/WinformControls.aspx

...and there are plenty more resources.

Note that I have not done this myself and, in general, I do not recommed it because there is a better way to do it, as follows...

1. Make a core Data Logic Layer (Dll), for use by all instances of ApplicationX.
    2. Make a core Business Logic Layer (Bll), for use by all instances of ApplicationX-- which will have both a WebServiceApi and a ClassLibraryApi.
    3. Make one Presentation Logic Layer (Pll) for each type of user-interface (WindowsFormsApplication, WebFormsApplication, CommandLineApplication, etc).
    4. Each Pll uses the same Bll.
    5. The Bll uses the Dll.
    6. Etc.

Rather than hosting ActiveX controls in a WebForm, it is better to follow those steps above.

That said, sometimes (probably rarely) there can be a good reason to host an ActiveX control.

(Note also that ActiveX controls work best in IE and sometimes they do not work at all in FF. 

HTH.

Thank you.

-- Mark Kamoski

Friday, January 18, 2008 11:44 AM