none
Generate individual worklist in xls from project plan. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a project plan in MSP. I would like to generate a 8 wk individual workplan to xls.
    Each resource/teammember keeps track of his progress and reports on a weekly base.
    Teammembers do/will not have access to MSP.

What I'm looking for resembles a xls-version of "reporting" - "who what when", with additional columns.
    Extra requirement: the tasks listed should only be those, which are active in selected timeframe.

I'm working with MSP2010 in Enterprise Environment.
    Hope someone can help.

Arjen

p.s. I will attach an image of desired output, once my account for this forum has been verified.

• Edited by Arjen7 Monday, March 31, 2014 7:33 AM
    Wednesday, March 26, 2014 7:42 AM

All replies

• Hi

You can export the MSP file into Excel and you can create the columns what ever you want, you can also use macros to achieve the reporting version.

Thanks

Geeth If you feel that the answer which i gave you is Helpful please select it as Answer/helpful.

Wednesday, March 26, 2014 8:21 AM
  • Hi Arjen, 

I'd suggest to use the Project 2010 visual reports feature. It will generate an excel report with data embedded, like a local OLAP cube. You could even save an Excel template that suits your need in order to minimize the generation weekly time. You could also build the excel file for once and just generate the new local OLAP cube on a weekly basis and link it to your excel file.

It will allows you displaying any quantity such as work, actual, baseline, per resource, project and any custom fields in a timephased view. Of course you will be able to use all pivot tables and graphs Excel features such as filters, groups, sorting...

Hope this helps.

Guillaume Rouyre - MBA, MCP, MCTS

Wednesday, March 26, 2014 8:54 AM
  • Thanks for your answers. I have played with the OLAP cubes and xls. But could not find the proper parameters/cross-sections yet. The predefined setttings don't show all parameters, neither did the "start from scratch". I'll give it some more time soon. I have been able to include an image now.
    • Edited by Arjen7 Monday, March 31, 2014 7:37 AM
    Monday, March 31, 2014 7:36 AM
  • Hi,

When a customer asks for this (and many do) I program it in VBA. I indeed see no elegant way to do exactly what you want.

Greetings,

Monday, March 31, 2014 8:10 AM