none
Customized digital signature in word RRS feed

• Question

• How can we customized digital signature placeholder? It is possible with current version of word (2013/2016)? I'm talking about this digital signature. Here's something that we would like to achieve.

1. Ability to remove big X.
    2. Change wording "signed by Ariwibawa" or remove it completely.
    3. Customized horizontal line position.

Thanks

Ariwibawa

Monday, September 11, 2017 4:32 AM

Answers

• Hi Ariwibawa,

if you want to remove 'X' and remove or edit 'Signed by' and change the line position then you need to use "Stamp Signature Line" option in the drop down menu for adding signature.

there is no any other way to remove or modify 'X' and change position of signature line manually or programmatically.

all you can do is use the 'Stamp Signature Line' if you don't want to see the "X".

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Ariwibawa Friday, September 15, 2017 6:24 AM
    Monday, September 11, 2017 6:55 AM

All replies

• Hi Ariwibawa,

if you want to remove 'X' and remove or edit 'Signed by' and change the line position then you need to use "Stamp Signature Line" option in the drop down menu for adding signature.

there is no any other way to remove or modify 'X' and change position of signature line manually or programmatically.

all you can do is use the 'Stamp Signature Line' if you don't want to see the "X".

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Ariwibawa Friday, September 15, 2017 6:24 AM
    Monday, September 11, 2017 6:55 AM
  • We want to change wording "signed by" because we wanted to change its language. I've checked that 'Stamp Signature Line' option in word, however 'Microsoft Office Signature Line' was the closest to our needs. I was asking this because there could be a way to add another options to insert digital signature in word which can show signatures like bellow.

Ariwibawa

Monday, September 11, 2017 7:31 AM
  • Hi Ariwibawa,

you had asked,"I was asking this because there could be a way to add another options to insert digital signature in word which can show signatures like bellow."

there is another option to add signature like using VBA but there is no any way to add another options in digital signature itself.

Reference:

SignatureSet.AddSignatureLine Method (Office)

Document.Signatures Property (Word)

if you just want to change the certificate then you can double click on signature and option will be there to select the one from the list.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support

Monday, September 11, 2017 8:23 AM
  • hi there is no Stamp Signature Line function in my word 2013 how can add it ?
    Friday, December 21, 2018 3:23 AM