Show edit screen based on logged in user RRS feed

• Question

• I want to be able to click a button on the main screen and then show the current user profile screen with current user's info ready for edit. I don't want to display a browse screen of the user first and then open the edit screen for it!

I have already got the current user object from the middle tier and it's available for javascript. Then I have tried creating my own method where I attempt to open the AddEditUser screen passing it the current user object.

This one of the solutions I have tried by it didn't succeed:

myapp.BrowseStuff.ShowAddEditUser_execute = function (screen) {
        screen.ShowAddEditUser( myapp.currentUser );
    };

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

• Edited by BigBee Saturday, March 22, 2014 12:14 PM
    Saturday, March 22, 2014 12:14 PM

Answers

• I found a solution to this by creating a browse screen based on a query and changing its type to edit.
    • Marked as answer by BigBee Sunday, March 23, 2014 7:43 AM
    Sunday, March 23, 2014 7:43 AM

All replies

• I found a solution to this by creating a browse screen based on a query and changing its type to edit.
    • Marked as answer by BigBee Sunday, March 23, 2014 7:43 AM
    Sunday, March 23, 2014 7:43 AM
  • Hi,

Thank you for sharing your solutions and experience here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions.

Best regards

Angie Xu

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Proposed as answer by Sven Elm Tuesday, March 25, 2014 5:05 PM
    Tuesday, March 25, 2014 7:45 AM