none
Where to buy VS2015 Pro on DVD

Question

• I purchased VS2015 Pro from the Microsoft Store. Download the  ISO image and burned a DVD.

I tried to install it from the DVD only to find out that it would not install. The error code suggested the installation files may be corrupt.

I tried to uninstall and could not do that either.

The main problem with downloading is if the download is corrupt the Microsoft Store does not have a way to allow a second attempt at downloading.

I called Microsoft Store and tried to explain the problem I was having and got transferred SEVEN times ! Finally I ended up talking with a tech support person that really did try to help.

After two days of phone support, I was told there is NO second attempt at downloading allowed, and the only way would be to issue a refund and I try again.  OK I got the refund, but I really don't want to go through that mess again Once burned Twice Shy.

I tired using a third party software vendor and was sold an open license version of VS2015 Pro..... But that got messed up when Microsoft Send me the credentials for a person in New York instead of me..... ! After another 8 days of trying to explain to the third party vendor that I don't live in New York and the name and address on the credentials is not me I finally got really fed up with the mess and requested a refund..... !  I'm waiting for the refund...

I still don't have Visual Studio 2016 Pro..... I have my Lumia 950 XL and docking station thank goodness I did not have to download those items... :-) and I want to develop code for the Lumia.... !

I've been buying Visual Studio since the beginning always on DVD but this new policy is really setting me back.

Do the managers at Microsoft live in a bubble... ? Out of touch with the real world .... ?

My Question: Is there anyway I can get VS2015 Pro on DVD media ? I don't care if it cost more...

• Edited by 77041 Friday, February 12, 2016 5:23 PM
    Friday, February 12, 2016 5:20 PM

Answers

• Hi 77041,

How did your burn the ISO image to a DVD?

I'm afraid you did "Copy" the ISO file to a DVD media.
    You don't have to create a DVD media for installing Visual Studio 2015.

Just "Mount" the ISO file with File Explorer, like this. 
    When the ISO file is mounted, it looks like a CD/DVD media on optical drive.

If your ISO file is not corrupted, you could do the above.

Regards.
    Saturday, February 13, 2016 11:48 AM

All replies