Component Store => "Overlay Dialog and Progress View" => how to get support ? RRS feed

• Question

• User366 posted

Hi !

I just tested the "Overlay Dialog and Progress View" component and can't manage to dismiss a HUDDisplay :

MBHUDView.HudWithBody (
                    body: "Wait", 
                    aType: MBAlertViewHUDType.ActivityIndicator, 
                    delay: 0.0f, 
                    showNow: true
                    );

and later on :

MBHUDView.DismissCurrentHUD ();

doesn't dismiss the HUD....

In a more generic way, is there a specific place to get support for the components ?

Cheers

Thursday, February 21, 2013 3:47 AM

All replies

• User59 posted

@baramuse your problem might be the delay:0.0? I think that keeps it around for ever? Try 4.0f

Or, you could try BTProgressHUD :) https://components.xamarin.com/view/btprogresshud/

I'd say, for the moment, the iOS / Android forums are a good place for questions, tho maybe a whole new forum would be better. I guess thats up to the Xamarin folks.

Thursday, February 21, 2013 7:44 AM
  • User366 posted

@nicwise : thx I tried with a 'longer' delay, still the same.. Anyway that's not that important..

But I'll try yours too !

Sunday, February 24, 2013 10:44 PM
  • User2449 posted

I had a quick look at these progress controls, all 3 I tried seemed to work ok, but I just don't understand why the assemblies are so large, why would I want to increase the size of my app by up to 2MB for the sake of adding a progress spinner?

Monday, February 25, 2013 8:23 AM
  • User59 posted

@_belial odd, mine is 19kb. (BTProgressHUD).

Possibly 'cos the other ones are done in Objc and they include x86 (similator), arm6, arm7 and arm7s code? The linker strips 3 of those 4 out when you do the build.

Monday, February 25, 2013 9:20 AM
  • User2449 posted

Ah, I didn't know the linker would strip out the unwanted code from the assembly, I'll have to try it out.

I ended up just including this class in my code

chunkyinterface.wordpress.com/2010/09/09/mbprogresshud-for-monotouch/

Thanks

Monday, February 25, 2013 10:55 AM