none
the ordinal 10271 could not be located in the dynamic link library mso.dll RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

Although we have no InfoPath Forms Services installed (it's just regarding a InfoPath library in SharePoint, where forms open in InfoPath and is not browser-enabled), I'm posting my question here. I don't know where to post it else.

When opening a InfoPath form from the InfoPath library in our MOSS 2007 Standard environment, I'm getting the error 'the ordinal 10271 could not be located in the dynamic link library mso.dll'. After I click OK, I get another error which says 'InfoPath cannot open the following file: [filepath]. One or more required custom controls in this form cannot be created.'

I've searched the internet, but can't find any solutions for the first error. And till last week it all worked fine and forms would just open.

Any help is highly appreciated. Thank you in advance for it!

All the best,
    Quincy
    Tuesday, April 17, 2012 10:02 AM

Answers

• Apparently I have a had a bad day yesterday. I searched about 4 hours to a answer and found in within half a our today.

I installed SharePoint Designer 2010 yesterday and it seems Microsoft Office InfoPath 2007 and SPD 2010 aren't working that great together. Because of the installation of SPD 2010 InfoPath threw the error.

Solution:
    Just run the Microsoft Office Diagnostics tool in Office InfoPath (Help -> Office Diagnostics) while all applications are closed (to be certain) and the tool solves the problem itself. Despite the error thanks to Microsoft, they also delivered something that solved it.

Thank you to anyone who already was searching to answers for me.

All the best,
    Quincy Thomas
    • Marked as answer by Quincy Thomas Tuesday, April 17, 2012 10:29 AM
    Tuesday, April 17, 2012 10:28 AM

All replies

• Apparently I have a had a bad day yesterday. I searched about 4 hours to a answer and found in within half a our today.

I installed SharePoint Designer 2010 yesterday and it seems Microsoft Office InfoPath 2007 and SPD 2010 aren't working that great together. Because of the installation of SPD 2010 InfoPath threw the error.

Solution:
    Just run the Microsoft Office Diagnostics tool in Office InfoPath (Help -> Office Diagnostics) while all applications are closed (to be certain) and the tool solves the problem itself. Despite the error thanks to Microsoft, they also delivered something that solved it.

Thank you to anyone who already was searching to answers for me.

All the best,
    Quincy Thomas
    • Marked as answer by Quincy Thomas Tuesday, April 17, 2012 10:29 AM
    Tuesday, April 17, 2012 10:28 AM
  • Hi Quincy,

I’m glad to hear that you got it working.
    Thank you for sharing your solutions & experience here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions.

Thanks,
    Lhan Han

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 7:35 AM
  • Thank you SO much for posting this!  This is the EXACT problem I was having, and I had just recently installed Designer 2010, so this was a perfect description of the problem and the solution.  Many many thanks!!!

Have a blessed day,
    Beth

Wednesday, May 9, 2012 7:10 PM
  • Hi Beth,

You're welcome. Because I've searched for a couple of hours, I thought it would be useful to other people

Good luck!

All the best,
    Quincy

Thursday, May 10, 2012 9:14 AM
  • Hi Quincy,

thanks so much for posting this, man!! 
    I had exactly the same error after I had to install Designer 2010, and so I got stuck in my project, losing valuable time
    because I didn't have a clue what was causing this error ..

True lifesaver! 

Thanks again!!!
    Peter

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 11:16 AM
  • Thanks for the awesome solution. I was unable to figure out why this is not working.

Thank you so very much,

Abhinav

Thursday, November 14, 2013 11:08 AM