none
Issue: USB HUB displaying corrupt drive Icons RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone,

On my new computer (Windows PRO 8.1 64 Bit, Intel X99 (i7-5960X CPU)) I decided to install a 3.0 USB HUB. The HUB is a EXSYS EX-1181 10-port USB 3.0 HUB. In my initial configuration of my computer, my wireless headphone (LOGITECH wireless G930 Headset) signal receiver was connected to the HUB as well as other USB keys. Little did I know that for proper use of my wireless headphones, the wireless signal receiver had to be connected directly onto the computer and not indirectly like via a USB HUB port. Upon correction of the problem, my headphones worked properly. 

However the fact that I plugged the headphones wireless signal receiver onto the HUB somehow corrupted the USB HUB. Now, whenever I plug a drive (USB stick, external hard drive, Ipod,...) onto the HUB, my computer always shows the connected drive with an icon corresponding exactly to the headphones. No matter which port I use and no matter what I connect to the HUB, the drive will always have a Headset Icon on Windows Explorer and not the standard drive icon image.

Could anyone please help me with this issue?

Thank you a lot,

Best,

Marth 286

• Moved by Fred Bao Monday, March 30, 2015 9:05 AM Driver Related
    Friday, March 27, 2015 11:59 PM

Answers

• this isn't a driver issue. I suggest going to device manager, view by connection, find the devise with the incorrect icons and uninstall them. then scan for new hardware and see if the right icon is now used.

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Monday, March 30, 2015 5:11 PM

All replies

• Hello Marth,

Since this issue is related with USB driver development, I move it to the driver forum there are driver experts will help you.

Regards.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, March 30, 2015 9:04 AM
  • this isn't a driver issue. I suggest going to device manager, view by connection, find the devise with the incorrect icons and uninstall them. then scan for new hardware and see if the right icon is now used.

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Monday, March 30, 2015 5:11 PM