none
RTM for non-MSDN and non-TechNet developers RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have read the articles regarding Windows Store and Windows 8 RTM and would like to ask if all developers will be able to get RTM version of Windows 8 and Visual Studio. I have a finished ready-to-upload app, passed through the Application Excellence Lab and I also got the Store access token, and now I really don't know if I will be able to upload my app after the 15th of August, because I don't have the MSDN subscription nor the TechNet subscription and there was implied in the articles, that the W8RTM will be available only there.

Thank you for your help and for all great upcoming Microsoft products!

Martin Zikmund

Sunday, August 5, 2012 8:37 PM

All replies

• What are "the articles"? They are surely misleading. Each Microsoft program decides its own RTM availability date. There are many programs that offers Windows that not yet released their schedule regarding Windows 8. Besides each third party reseller sets its own schedule.

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP

Sunday, August 5, 2012 11:55 PM
  • I also find the information confusing about when non-subscriber developers will be able to get the RTM but on the windows team blog http://windowsteamblog.com/windows/b/bloggingwindows/ below all the release dates to MSDN and TechNet subscribers it does say

On August 15th, developers will be able to visit the Windows Dev Center to get access to all the tools and resources they need including the final build of Visual Studio 2012 to design, build, and sell apps in the Windows Store.

Which suggests that the Windows 8 RTM should be available as well because you need that in order to use and view the updated Windows Store and also sell apps from what I have been reading.

Monday, August 6, 2012 1:28 AM
  • Hi MZetko,

If you have a developer token as mentioned, have you created your developer account yet?  Once this is process is completed you will be able to submit.

Thanks-

Monday, August 6, 2012 11:15 PM
  • If you have a developer token as mentioned, have you created your developer account yet?  Once this is process is completed you will be able to submit.

Even with the token and developer account all set up, software submissions are currently not possible without the RTM software:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/windowsstore/thread/4040ba7a-e123-42ce-a6f8-ae1def79ad63

Monday, August 6, 2012 11:31 PM