Issue in SDK Upgrade RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I recently tried to apply the new SDK (version 1.1.2193.4712) to my site and I am getting the issue mentioned below. Please note that I mistakenly tried to install the new SDK without unstalling the older SDK on my first attempt. Now even if I unstall the existing SDK completely from my machine and install the new SDK, it gets installed properly but when applying it to the site I get the same issue again. Any help on this is highly appreciated.

Thanks,
    -Devesh

Invalid algorithm specified.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Security.Cryptography.CryptographicException: Invalid algorithm specified.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[CryptographicException: Invalid algorithm specified.
    ]
    Microsoft.Health.Authentication.CryptoServiceProviderHmac.NewHashHandle() in c:\src\hsmain\private\prod\src\sdk\core\Authentication\CryptoServiceProvderHmac.cs:62
    Microsoft.Health.Authentication.AbstractCryptoServiceProviderHash.Initialize() in c:\src\hsmain\private\prod\src\sdk\core\Authentication\AbstractCryptoServiceProviderHash.cs:64
    Microsoft.Health.Authentication.Sha256Hmac..ctor(Byte[] key) in c:\src\hsmain\private\prod\src\sdk\core\Authentication\Sha256Hmac.cs:53
    Microsoft.Health.Authentication.Sha256Hmac..ctor() in c:\src\hsmain\private\prod\src\sdk\core\Authentication\Sha256Hmac.cs:16
    Microsoft.Health.Authentication.CryptoConfiguration.CreateHashAlgorithm(String algorithmName) in c:\src\hsmain\private\prod\src\sdk\core\Authentication\CryptoConfiguration.cs:332
    Microsoft.Health.Authentication.CryptoHash..ctor(String algorithmName) in c:\src\hsmain\private\prod\src\sdk\core\Authentication\CryptoHash.cs:134
    Microsoft.Health.Authentication.CryptoHmac..ctor(String algName, Byte[] keyMaterial) in c:\src\hsmain\private\prod\src\sdk\core\Authentication\CryptoHmac.cs:61
    Microsoft.Health.Web.Authentication.AuthenticatedSessionKeySet..ctor(String hmacAlgorithmName, Byte[] hmacKeyMaterial) in c:\src\hsmain\private\prod\src\sdk\core\Authentication\AuthenticatedSessionKeySet.cs:72
    Microsoft.Health.Web.Authentication.AuthenticationTokenKeySetPair.RefreshSharedSecret() in c:\src\hsmain\private\prod\src\sdk\core\Authentication\AuthenticationTokenKeySetPair.cs:57
    Microsoft.Health.Web.Authentication.AuthenticationTokenKeySetPair..ctor() in c:\src\hsmain\private\prod\src\sdk\core\Authentication\AuthenticationTokenKeySetPair.cs:45
    Microsoft.Health.Web.Authentication.AuthSessionKeySetPairs.CreatePair(Guid applicationId) in c:\src\hsmain\private\prod\src\sdk\core\Authentication\AuthSessionKeySetPairs.cs:110
    Microsoft.Health.Web.Authentication.WebApplicationCredential.GetAuthTokenPair(Guid applicationId, Int64& refreshCounter, AuthenticatedSessionKeySet& keySet, Dictionary`2& results) in c:\src\hsmain\private\prod\src\sdk\core\Authentication\WebApplicationCredential.cs:961
    Microsoft.Health.Web.Authentication.WebApplicationCredential.LoadAuthTokenPair(Guid applicationId) in c:\src\hsmain\private\prod\src\sdk\core\Authentication\WebApplicationCredential.cs:319
    Microsoft.Health.Web.Authentication.WebApplicationCredential.Initialize(Guid applicationId) in c:\src\hsmain\private\prod\src\sdk\core\Authentication\WebApplicationCredential.cs:311
    Microsoft.Health.Web.Authentication.WebApplicationCredential..ctor(Guid applicationId, String subCredential) in c:\src\hsmain\private\prod\src\sdk\core\Authentication\WebApplicationCredential.cs:231
    Microsoft.Health.Web.WebApplicationUtilities.GetPersonInfo(String authToken, Guid appId) in c:\src\hsmain\private\prod\src\sdk\web\WebApplicationUtilities.cs:1711
    Microsoft.Health.Web.WebApplicationUtilities.HandleTokenOnUrl(HttpContext context, Boolean isLoginRequired, Guid appId) in c:\src\hsmain\private\prod\src\sdk\web\WebApplicationUtilities.cs:1736
    Microsoft.Health.Web.WebApplicationUtilities.PageOnPreLoad(HttpContext context, Boolean logOnRequired, Boolean isMra, Guid appId) in c:\src\hsmain\private\prod\src\sdk\web\WebApplicationUtilities.cs:300
    Microsoft.Health.Web.HealthServicePage.OnPreLoad(EventArgs e) in c:\src\hsmain\private\prod\src\sdk\web\HealthServicePage.cs:133
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +554

Friday, December 4, 2009 11:04 PM

Answers

• Can you tell us what OS version you are running on? If you are running XP SP2 you will need to upgrade to XP SP3.
    • Marked as answer by Devesh Koirala Monday, December 7, 2009 10:32 PM
    Monday, December 7, 2009 5:33 PM

All replies

• I got same error after upgrade, any comments and help is appreciated.

thanks!
    Monday, December 7, 2009 3:25 PM
  • Can you tell us what OS version you are running on? If you are running XP SP2 you will need to upgrade to XP SP3.
    • Marked as answer by Devesh Koirala Monday, December 7, 2009 10:32 PM
    Monday, December 7, 2009 5:33 PM
  • Yeap...Upgrade to SP3 solved the issue.

Thanks,
    -Devesh
    Monday, December 7, 2009 10:33 PM