none
Query U-SQL with Powershell RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

In our azure environment we have 99 U-SQL jobs, and we run into a frequent problem where some of the jobs are not running automatically.

What command could I use to check for jobs that have not run at all.

I know you can run "Get-AdlJob -Account *********  -SubmittedAfter $d -result succeeded" to check for succeeded/ failed jobs, but wan't to check for ones that have not run at all.

Setting the result to "none" doesn't appear to work either.

Thanks

J

• Moved by Femisulu Wednesday, October 10, 2018 4:31 PM better suited here
    Wednesday, October 10, 2018 1:34 PM

All replies

• Hello,

You can run the following cmdlet to know the last execution date and status of each one of your runbooks.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/azurerm.automation/get-azurermautomationjoboutputrecord?view=azurermps-6.10.0

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Alberto Morillo
    SQLCoffee.com

Thursday, October 11, 2018 4:51 AM
  • Hi Alberto,

Thank you for replying to me, correct me if I am wrong but I want to know if a U-SQL job has not run that day. So I am not really interested if the runbook has run or not.

In effect I want I want run a script that generates a list of the U-SQL jobs that did not run, not particularly interested if the runbook has run or not.

Let me know if it makes sense.

Thanks again for replying to me.

J

Wednesday, October 24, 2018 10:34 AM
  • Hi,

You can get the details with command Get-AdlJob

List jobs by job state

Get-AdlJob -Account $adla -State Running

Using the -State parameter. You can combine any of these values:

Accepted
    Compiling
    Ended
    New
    Paused
    Queued
    Running
    Scheduling
    Start

OR

List jobs by job result

Get-AdlJob -Account $adla -State Ended -Result Failed

Use the -Result parameter to detect whether ended jobs completed successfully. It has these values:

Cancelled
    Failed
    None
    Succeeded

Here Account is the Data Lake Store account

Cheers,

Monday, October 29, 2018 7:59 AM
  • Hi Amit,

Thank you for responding to me, however I managed to find a solution to this.

I generated a list of all the U-SQL jobs I know that need to run to a CSV. I then ran a query that checks the U-SQL that has run in the last day to which I output these results to another file. I then run another query to check the differences of the files and output the differences to another CSV and what ever is in that file I know needs to be re-run.

Let me know if you wish to see the contents of the script.

Thanks again.

Monday, October 29, 2018 8:09 AM