VS 2015: Browser Link still extremely slow debugging RRS feed

• Question

• User-1525948839 posted

When Browser Link is turned on, my ajax and web forms apps are extremely slow to debug. This should be turned off by default. Just another bad "feature" Microsoft has added that makes them look bad...

Monday, February 8, 2016 6:32 PM

All replies

• User-166373564 posted

Hi,

When Browser Link is turned on, my ajax and web forms apps are extremely slow to debug

For this issue, first it's recommended to turn off the Browser Link feature, and check whether it still has same issue.

Secondly, you can also use diagnostic Tools debugger window in Visual Studio 2015, and check whether this issue is application specific. More information: Diagnostic Tools debugger window in Visual Studio 2015

Regards,

Angie

Tuesday, February 9, 2016 8:19 AM
  • User-1525948839 posted

For this issue, first it's recommended to turn off the Browser Link feature, and check whether it still has same issue.

My point is it should be turned off by default so a person does not have to waste eight hours in the debugger before discovering what the problem is.

Friday, February 19, 2016 1:38 AM
  • User-166373564 posted

Hi,

Did you use  diagnostic Tools debugger window in Visual Studio 2015 to monitor the requests? Did you find something unusual?

Regards,

Angie

Tuesday, February 23, 2016 5:46 AM
  • User-1525948839 posted

I didn't need to use the diagnostic Tools debugger window. As soon as I found out about the "Enable Browser Link" checkbox and unchecked it, the slow debugging went away. I don't care about ANY of the features the "Browser Link" provides just as I have never cared about the features that "edit and continue" or vshost.exe provide. 

Thursday, February 25, 2016 7:34 PM