none
DB2 Adapter Question - Confused - Help! RRS feed

• Question

• I am currently running MS Server 2008 64x and Biztalk Server 2010. I currently have the need to be able to send/receive data from our business system using DB2. However, there is no adapters available for DB2 currently installed on my server. I have read and found that I need to install Microsoft Host Integration Server which comes with a DB2 adapter. Is this true? Basically, what I need to know is, what exactly do I need, to install a DB2 adapter for Biztalk 2010?? Do I need to install Microsoft Host Integegration Server on my Biztalk server or can I just find the DB2 adapter by itself some where?

Thanks for your time and your help.

Tony

Antonio
    Wednesday, September 28, 2011 7:35 PM

Answers

• Antonio,

To add to Bill comment, see HIS 2010 licensing document. An excerpt of this document:

Q. Which editions of BTS 2010 include HIS 2010?

• HIS 2010 is licensed through BTS 2010 Enterprise Edition (BTS 2010 ENT) for customers with enterprise-level requirements for high volume, reliability, and availability.
    • HIS 2010 is licensed as supplemental technology to BTS 2010 Standard Edition (BTS 2010 STD) for businesses with moderate volume and deployment scale requirements.
    • HIS 2010 is licensed as supplemental technology to BTS 2010 Branch Edition (BTS 2010 BR) for remote deployment scenarios.
    • HIS 2010 is licensed as supplemental technology to BTS 2010 Developer Edition (BTS 2010 DEV) for development and testing purposes.
    • HIS 2010 Evaluation Edition is for evaluation purposes.
      Customers that have distributed topologies (such as deployments in branch offices or warehouses) should consider licensing HIS 2010 through BTS 2010 BR.

You can get HIS through MSDN or Volume License agreement, you can contact your reseller of software and/or person responsible in your organization for MS Software.

HTH

Regards,

Steef-Jan Wiggers
    MVP & MCTS BizTalk Server 2010
    http://soa-thoughts.blogspot.com/
    If this answers your question please mark it accordingly

BizTalk
    • Marked as answer by Weezle11 Thursday, September 29, 2011 9:19 PM
    Thursday, September 29, 2011 3:54 PM
  • The DB2 adapter is part of the Host Integration Server install, HIS is now shipped as part of BizTalk so you just need to install it.  It is a seperate download from MSDN, not sure on other delivery methods.
    Bill Chesnut | BizTalk Server MVP | Mexia Consulting | Melbourne Australia
    http://www.biztalkbill.com
    Please indicate "Mark as Answer" if this post has answered the question.
    • Proposed as answer by DPS Bali Thursday, September 29, 2011 11:10 AM
    Wednesday, September 28, 2011 11:22 PM

All replies

• The DB2 adapter is part of the Host Integration Server install, HIS is now shipped as part of BizTalk so you just need to install it.  It is a seperate download from MSDN, not sure on other delivery methods.
    Bill Chesnut | BizTalk Server MVP | Mexia Consulting | Melbourne Australia
    http://www.biztalkbill.com
    Please indicate "Mark as Answer" if this post has answered the question.
    • Proposed as answer by DPS Bali Thursday, September 29, 2011 11:10 AM
    Wednesday, September 28, 2011 11:22 PM
  • Antonio,

To add to Bill comment, see HIS 2010 licensing document. An excerpt of this document:

Q. Which editions of BTS 2010 include HIS 2010?

• HIS 2010 is licensed through BTS 2010 Enterprise Edition (BTS 2010 ENT) for customers with enterprise-level requirements for high volume, reliability, and availability.
    • HIS 2010 is licensed as supplemental technology to BTS 2010 Standard Edition (BTS 2010 STD) for businesses with moderate volume and deployment scale requirements.
    • HIS 2010 is licensed as supplemental technology to BTS 2010 Branch Edition (BTS 2010 BR) for remote deployment scenarios.
    • HIS 2010 is licensed as supplemental technology to BTS 2010 Developer Edition (BTS 2010 DEV) for development and testing purposes.
    • HIS 2010 Evaluation Edition is for evaluation purposes.
      Customers that have distributed topologies (such as deployments in branch offices or warehouses) should consider licensing HIS 2010 through BTS 2010 BR.

You can get HIS through MSDN or Volume License agreement, you can contact your reseller of software and/or person responsible in your organization for MS Software.

HTH

Regards,

Steef-Jan Wiggers
    MVP & MCTS BizTalk Server 2010
    http://soa-thoughts.blogspot.com/
    If this answers your question please mark it accordingly

BizTalk
    Thursday, September 29, 2011 3:54 PM