Connect Invite

Question

• So I am part of MSDN and downloaded my copy directly from there.  Now my question is this.  I seen a response from Michael who states:

"You can install the Windows Feedback Tool from the Connect Site associated with your Windows Developer Preview program. If you’re a MSDN subscriber, the information on how to join the Connect program is included on the download page where you installed Windows Developer Preview. There’s a link to the Connect site and an invitation code that you can use to join using a Windows Live ID account."

Yet after looking around I have not seen such information on how to join the Connect Program.  I then seen this:

"If you attended the BUILD Conference, you received a card with instructions about how to join the Connect site, as well as an invitation code. This code is only used once to set up your access, after which you will use your Windows Live ID to access the Connect site. If you lost your instruction card or are having trouble with your Connect invite code, you can contact Microsoft Support for assistance. You’ll need your BUILD Conference information when requesting support."

So if I am reading this right, only people who attended BUILD got an invite to the Connect Program?  I was unable to attend due to family commitments.  So does this mean that us on MSDN are able to join or not?  I am confused in this matter.  Some clarification would be helpful.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
    Alex T.
    ~Windows Desktop Experience MVP 2007-2011~
    Is this response helpful? If so, please consider clicking the green Vote As Helpful button for the benefit of future visitors with the same question.
    If this post provided a solution please mark it as the answer to help others. Thank You.
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 1:40 AM

Answers

All replies