How to know the Content Type ID of the OOB Approval Workflow Edit Task Form? RRS feed

• Question

• My custom workflow creates a "Workflow Task" item.  On clicking the "Title" of this workflow task item it should show the OOB Approval Workflow 'Edit Task Form" (URL snippet should look like: .../_layouts/WrkTaskIP.aspx?List=...) than the standard Workflow Task "Display" Form (URL snippet is looking like: .../WorkflowTasks/DispForm.aspx?ID=...)

I guess the solution is: In my custom workflow code, I should mention ContentTypeID property of createtask activity to the Content Type corresponding to that OOB Approval Workflow Content Type (which provides its Edit Task Form link)

How do I know the Content Type ID corresponding to that OOB Approval Workflow Content Type (which provides its Edit Task Form link)?

Is it 0x01080100C9C9515DE4E24001905074F980F93160? But mentioning this in my workflow code (create task content type ID) and the workflow.xml (TaskListContentTypeId) doesn't seem to work the way intended.

Would greatly appreciate your inputs.

Thanks in advance.

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 9:17 PM

Answers

•  

Hello,

I find the XML file for OOB Approval workflow, ReviewApproval.XML is located at \Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\12\TEMPLATE\features\Reviewworkflows\. And I’ve found the TasklistContentTypeId is 0x01080100C9C9515DE4E24001905074F980F93160 same as what you get.

You can try to check it by yourself.

Hope it is what you need.

Jerry

Xing-Bing Yu
    Friday, October 17, 2008 7:56 AM

All replies

• I set the below in the Workflow.xml:

<Task0_FormURN>urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:infopath:workflow:ReviewRouting-Review:$Subst:LCID;</Task0_FormURN>

in addition to:

1. In my custom workflow code, I referenced the ContentTypeID property of createtask activity to: 0x01080100C9C9515DE4E24001905074F980F93160

2. In the Workflow.xml I referenced the TaskListContentTypeId to: 0x01080100C9C9515DE4E24001905074F980F93160

and I get the "Edit Task" on Outlook eMail for the corresponding Workflow Task Item (or by clicking the "Title" of the workflow task item in SharePoint) working but not like the way needed, I mean not like OOB Approval Workflow Edit Task form. I understand this is because of the reference to a wrong InfoPath Edit Task Form URN.

Wonder (what's the and) how to know the InfoPath Edit Task Form URN corresponding to the OOB Approval Workflow.

Would greatly appreciate your inputs.

Thanks in advance.

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 11:09 PM
  • I wonder whether OOB Approval Workflow is using an Infopath form for "Edit Task" at all, I guess not, mabbe it's using an .aspx file for that (if so, name/location?,  is it "approve.aspx" in "...\12\TEMPLATE\LAYOUTS"?)

I found the below info at the tread: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sharepointworkflow/thread/9bb8daab-7283-4af6-8000-77e4ad7ec7f5/
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    the standard approval workflow uses both forms : the one where the workflow initiator fills the approvers and the one where an approver reject or approves a task are InfoPath forms. If you want to use the same form for the workflow initiation and for the task then you can do it from the workflow.xml :

<MetaData>
    <Instantiation_FormURN>urnchemas-microsoft-comffice:infopath:InitApproval:-myXSD-2007-02-16T13-26-27</Instantiation_FormURN>
    <Task0_FormURN>urnchemas-microsoft-comffice:infopath:ApproveRejectForm:-myXSD-2007-02-06T11-51-46</Task0_FormURN>
    <StatusPageUrl>_layouts/WrkStat.aspx</StatusPageUrl>
    <InitiationType>Manual;#OnNewItem;#OnItemUpdate;#OnMajorCheckIn</InitiationType>
    </MetaData>
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I doubt the veracity of the above as I don't find the concerned .xsn InfoPath fom (I guess with the name ApproveRejectForm.xsn) on my SharePoint MOSS installation but the OOB Approval Workflow works-fine/as-expected in regards to "Edit Task".

Spent a lot of time on this and now am really confused.

Would appreciate your inputs. TIA.

Wednesday, October 15, 2008 12:54 AM
  • Wonder where I can find the Workflow.xml (equivalent) that corresponds to the OOB Approval Workflow and What TaskListContentTypeID it's refering to and where I can find that Content Type definition file?
    Wednesday, October 15, 2008 1:09 AM
  •  

Hello,

I find the XML file for OOB Approval workflow, ReviewApproval.XML is located at \Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\12\TEMPLATE\features\Reviewworkflows\. And I’ve found the TasklistContentTypeId is 0x01080100C9C9515DE4E24001905074F980F93160 same as what you get.

You can try to check it by yourself.

Hope it is what you need.

Jerry

Xing-Bing Yu
    Friday, October 17, 2008 7:56 AM