Silverlight application new or old cannot run with F5 in Blend 2 RRS feed

• Question

• I cannot run inside blend any application new or the older ones.

Appears Asp.Net development studio and then IE windows and then says to me "cannot display the web page"

But in VS2008 if I choose Edit with visual studio runs well.

I see the readme of visual studio install and says that is an issue of Sp1 for visual studio. and refers me to sp1 of blend 2. I have that sp1 already installed prior to my problem. Reinstalled and nothing.

The only update of that day was a defender update. 9th of March.

I alredy try firewall reset, defender turn off.

I can run the application directly from debug folder.

Seems the problem is passing the location of the default page to ASP.Net development server.

Anyone with an idea how to fix this?

Greetings

Wednesday, March 11, 2009 5:57 PM

All replies

• Could you please tell us how Blend differs from VS as far as launching the web server?

What is the path this is given as the root of your site to the web server from both of these? What is the port information (and does it matter)? What is the URL that is launched in the browser?

Thanks,
    Unni
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Thursday, March 26, 2009 4:18 AM
  •  

We’ve been hearing about people getting “Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage” when building Silverlight apps with VS or Blend. It looks like the problem is related to 127.0.0.1 no longer being recognized as localhost. If you run into this issue, open your host file [ C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts ] and add an entry for localhost

127.0.0.1       localhost

Here is link to a related article which could be a possible cause. Mind you this is a just a guess :)

http://www.microsoft.com/security/portal/Entry.aspx?name=SettingsModifier:Win32/PossibleHostsFileHijack&threatid=1758608427027806866

Thanks!

Jeetendra Kukreja [MSFT]
    Thursday, March 26, 2009 6:25 AM
  • In blend 2 ihe url is localhost with differen port each time by the developmetn server. Does not works with any solution new or old.

In visual studio the url pint to the path to the bin\debug directory and default html page. But Works!

If I run from that directory the default page in the browser and refresh each time I want to seee my changes works from blend.
    MCP soon MCDBA, DCE 2 Stars, DCE 2k5 2 Stars, Technet 4 Stars
    Thursday, March 26, 2009 4:32 PM
  • This solves my problem I have a ::1 pointing to localhost. After I edit it and change to 127.0.0.1 works!!!!

Many Thanks.
    MCP soon MCDBA, DCE 2 Stars, DCE 2k5 2 Stars, Technet 4 Stars
    Thursday, March 26, 2009 4:33 PM
  • The issue is ::1 is ipv6 syntax for localhost.  If you hardcode 127.0.0.1, then you will break any app which depends on ipv6.  The better solution is to comment out ::1 (this is done with '#') and let DNS handle localhost translation, which should handle all cases.
    Tuesday, May 26, 2009 9:13 PM