Error adding a web reference...how do I fix this? RRS feed

• Question

• Am new to the whole mobile development world, so bare with me everyone. I am currently just trying to add a web reference to the app am trying to build and I keep getting an error each time I try to navigate to the URL (virtual directory) where I have my app locally...IIS. The error that keeps popping up and I can't seem to get rid of this wrinkle...I am the admin on my personal machine, so I should have all permissions...which I do.

This is the error I keep getting. And here are what I have tried so far that has not resolved this

1) made sure that there were no duplicate accessType entries in the ApplicationHost.config and the web.config files

2) granted the READ permission to the IIS_IUSRS group for the ApplicationHost.config file

3) also granted the READ permission to the IIS_IUSRS group for the virtual directory

---this is on a Windows 7 machine with IIS 7

<fieldset>

HTTP Error 500.19 - Internal Server Error

The requested page cannot be accessed because the related configuration data for the page is invalid.

</fieldset>
    <fieldset><legend>Detailed Error Information</legend>
    Module IIS Web Core
    Notification BeginRequest
    Handler Not yet determined
    Error Code 0x80070005
    Config Error Cannot read configuration file due to insufficient permissions
    Config File \\?\C:\Users\Me\WorkSpace\...\web.config
    Requested URL http://my ip address:80/Folder/UpdateService.asmx
    Physical Path C:\Users\Me\WorkSpace\...\UpdateService.asmx
    Logon Method Not yet determined
    Logon User Not yet determined
    </fieldset>

Friday, October 22, 2010 4:14 PM

Answers

• Since it's a server side error and there's no mobile device involved at all (adding reference is done by VS running on the desktop) you would be better off asking in forums related to ASP.Net, IIS or WCF.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Friday, October 22, 2010 5:40 PM