Type 'Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.WebPartZone' does not have a public property named 'Webpart Name'. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

When i m creating the share point publishing page from page layout containing custom web part on it. I get the following error

Type 'Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.WebPartZone' does not have a public property named 'Webpart Name'.   

Can anyone help me for the same.

Tuesday, February 15, 2011 6:24 AM

Answers

• Hi Rashmi,

This is a known issue. You may experience it when one of the following conditions is true:

1.       You try to access the properties that are programmatically exposed by the IWebPart interface.

2.       You declare the properties on the control when the control is in a WebPartZone control.

You can refer to this KB article to get detailed information and solution of this problem:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/911715.

PS: From the feedback from some users, I noticed that there is another possibility. In this condition, the problem is not in the codebehind, it was on the aspx-page, If you forget the <zone template> tags, this issue may happen. If the above method can not solve your problem, you can try this way.

Thanks & Regards,

Peng Lei

• Marked as answer by David HM Tuesday, February 22, 2011 3:28 AM
    Wednesday, February 16, 2011 2:31 AM