none
FILE – Receive location blocked RRS feed

• Question

• Environment: 2 x Biztalk 2010 – Windows 2008 R2

Sometimes we have issues with Receive Locations that have the "Rename files while reading" option enabled. While processing a file received and after renaming it as *.BTS-WIP, the import process stops, no further processing occurs and the new files that arrive are not treated. The receive location maintains its status “Enabled” and there is no trace of error/warning in the Event Viewer.

Once the problem is detected (following calls from users), we stop the receive location, copy the contents of the file BTS-WIP into the next file to process (patients_expmin2.txt in the case shown as example), delete the BTS-WIP file and restart the Receive Location. After that everything works fine until the next time.

An idea?

Regards

• Edited by SwissSeb Tuesday, September 18, 2012 12:46 PM
    Tuesday, September 18, 2012 12:45 PM

Answers

• Okay, I would do a few things.

Set up PAL on your environment (week by week or so) Whenever you are experiencing this again check the host counters to see if you are in a throttling state on the dedicated host. You should also run MessageBox Viewer before resolving it. Have you installed the latest CU?

I would also take a look at BizTalk server in the event log an look for error id 5649 (you can read more about this here)

Let me know what you get from PAL and MessageBox Viewer so I can help you resolve this issue.

Best regards

Tord Glad Nordahl
    Bouvet ASA, Norway
    http://www.BizTalkAdmin.com | @tordeman

Please indicate ”Mark as Answer” if this post has answered the question.

Friday, September 21, 2012 11:52 AM

All replies

• Hello SwissSeb,

Does this happen all the time or at different times, high or low loads?

Best regards

Tord Glad Nordahl
    Bouvet ASA, Norway
    http://www.BizTalkAdmin.com |@tordeman

Thursday, September 20, 2012 8:22 PM
  • Hello,

The problem occurs randomly, and does not appear especially in high loads.

The most problematic is that there is no evidence (no event, no log...) to detect the blockage.<//span>

Regards

Sébastien

Friday, September 21, 2012 8:16 AM
  • Okay, I would do a few things.

Set up PAL on your environment (week by week or so) Whenever you are experiencing this again check the host counters to see if you are in a throttling state on the dedicated host. You should also run MessageBox Viewer before resolving it. Have you installed the latest CU?

I would also take a look at BizTalk server in the event log an look for error id 5649 (you can read more about this here)

Let me know what you get from PAL and MessageBox Viewer so I can help you resolve this issue.

Best regards

Tord Glad Nordahl
    Bouvet ASA, Norway
    http://www.BizTalkAdmin.com | @tordeman

Friday, September 21, 2012 11:52 AM