none
error Code0x80070002 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to play the Sims 3 through Steam but when I want install the .NET Framework 3.5, my computer do not find the file for it and says " error 0x80070002".

I have a ASUS laptop with Windows 10 installed. I do not find any answer and solution to the problems. Can you help?

Thank you.

Linnea 

Sunday, March 29, 2020 3:44 PM

Answers

• Hi Linnea,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

Could you tell me how you install the .NET Framework 3.5? Please try to install the .NET Framework 3.5 with the following steps(Notice that please clean your %temp% folder and turn off your anti-virus software before installation):

#1. type “Turn Windows features on or off“ in the start search box and open it.

#2. Select .NET Framework 3.5(include .NET 2.0 and 3.0) check box, press OK and wait for installing, then restart your computer.

Refer to the error code “0x80070002”, I suppose it is caused by your Windows Update. Please update your Windows to the latest version, if you encounter a Windows Update error, please use the DISM tool to fix it.

BTW, if the issue persists, I need your help to collect more installation logs. Please download and run this collect.exe tool, go to %temp% folder and find the vslogs.zip file, upload it to https://onedrive.live.com/ and share the link in here.

Any feedback will be greatly expected.

Best Regards,

Anna

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

• Marked as answer by NEEEABILL Monday, March 30, 2020 12:41 PM
    Monday, March 30, 2020 3:27 AM

All replies

• Hi Linnea,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

Could you tell me how you install the .NET Framework 3.5? Please try to install the .NET Framework 3.5 with the following steps(Notice that please clean your %temp% folder and turn off your anti-virus software before installation):

#1. type “Turn Windows features on or off“ in the start search box and open it.

#2. Select .NET Framework 3.5(include .NET 2.0 and 3.0) check box, press OK and wait for installing, then restart your computer.

Refer to the error code “0x80070002”, I suppose it is caused by your Windows Update. Please update your Windows to the latest version, if you encounter a Windows Update error, please use the DISM tool to fix it.

BTW, if the issue persists, I need your help to collect more installation logs. Please download and run this collect.exe tool, go to %temp% folder and find the vslogs.zip file, upload it to https://onedrive.live.com/ and share the link in here.

Any feedback will be greatly expected.

Best Regards,

Anna

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

• Marked as answer by NEEEABILL Monday, March 30, 2020 12:41 PM
    Monday, March 30, 2020 3:27 AM
  • Hi Anna,

Thank you for helping me. I still did not work it tells me more error codes. Error code 0x800FF0922 and Error Code 0x800FFFF and Error Code 0x80070002 (depending on different trys).

Here is the link: https://onedrive.live.com/?id=root&cid=A03A870E81C7DBF9

Kind Regards Linnéa

Monday, March 30, 2020 12:41 PM
  • Hi Linnea,

Thanks for your feedback.

Unfortunately, I open the link you shared, it is empty. Please upload your installation logs again.

Thanks for your understanding.

Sincerely,

Anna

Tuesday, March 31, 2020 7:05 AM
  • Hi Anna,

Thank you for your help. I have uploaded them again:

https://onedrive.live.com/?id=root&cid=A03A870E81C7DBF9

I hope it works.

Kind Regards Linnéa

Tuesday, March 31, 2020 3:15 PM
  • Hi friend,

Sorry to disturb you.

I'm sorry to say that it is still empty. Please check if you upload it.

Thanks for your understanding.

Sincerely,

Anna 

Wednesday, April 1, 2020 1:53 AM
  • Hi, 

Thank you for being patient with me.

I do not understand when I open it says there is 2 folders one called Temp and the other one caller windows and then there is an other file called [Content_Types].xml

How can I make it work? 

Kind regards Linnéa

Wednesday, April 1, 2020 3:22 PM
  • Hi friend,

I'm sorry to hear about this issue you are having.

As I know, the collect tool creates a compressed cabinet of all the VS and .NET logs to %temp%\vslogs.zip. Please upload your vslogs.zip by choosing insert file tag on add comment field then submit after signing in. For more details, please refer to the following blog:

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/heaths/2008/05/10/visual-studio-and-net-log-collection-utility/

Hoping everything goes well.

Sincerely,

Anna

Thursday, April 2, 2020 8:25 AM
  • Hi Anna, 

I am sorry for my late reply, when I try to open trough insert file I can not find the %temp% folder on my computer. I find it when I type on the search bar besides my start button. How can I find it trough the insert file?

Kind regards Linnéa 

Friday, April 10, 2020 4:48 PM