Win 8.1 devices - force traffic through proxy. RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a way to force all traffic from a device through a proxy? I know I can enable a proxy on a WiFi profile, however, if WiFi is disabled I'd want the LTE based traffic to funnel through the proxy. 

Would the only way be via a VPN enabled proxy? And if so, is there a way to send MDM SYNCML commands to always have the VPN turned on?

Cheers.

Daniel.

Thursday, December 11, 2014 10:28 PM

All replies

• Hi Daniel

Your understanding is correct that proxy cannot be enforced for LTE based traffic. It would have to be through VPN. I'm looking to see if there a way to enable always on VPN through MDM. I'm assuming you are looking this for only Windows 8.1 and phone 8.1.

Friday, December 12, 2014 6:22 PM
  • Correct - we have a client utilizing Lumia 2520 tablets with windows 8.1 RT installed, and we're attempting to have all the traffic on the devices tunnel through a proxy. And seeing that that option doesn't exist for enforcement on LTE, our 2nd option would be a VPN.

Thanks -

Daniel.

Friday, December 12, 2014 9:08 PM
  • Is there a way/command that allows us to to blacklist/white-list URLS either entirely on the device or in the browser (IE) alone?
    Thursday, December 18, 2014 8:09 PM