none
Visual Studio installation VXSI multiple failures

Question

• Hello everyone,

I have been having problems with visual studio installation. I cant remember exactly the error message or the error code since I reverted my windows back to the previous state before the VS installation, and I don't want to reproduce the error again since it would take a long time to revert it back to the previous state again.

1) I tried to use the web installer initially, but I kept getting the Operation aborted error, then I gave up and downloaded the ISO file as I normally do. (My windows installation is fresh except it has GPO setup) 

2) I downloaded the ISO file, and tried to install most of the features I needed, but I ended up receiving several VSXI errors. Then I tried to use the Default installation, but I still got the same errors.

I downloaded the Collect application in order to gather all the details about installation process.

So I am attaching this file hoping that someone can shed some light on this issue.

Link

Thanks in advance!

• Edited by MrDebugging Saturday, January 28, 2017 8:53 PM
    Saturday, January 28, 2017 8:50 PM

Answers

• Hi friend,

The file you uploaded is gone.

Would you please share us your operating system? If it’s on Windows 7 you may refer to the page below, in the Multiple feature installation errors part, it offers several methods to resolve this kind issues, it might be helpful to you:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3039361/common-issues-in-visual-studio-2015-setup

Please check the link you posted, and you could upload the file again if it’s possible.

Best regards,

Fletcher

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by MrDebugging Monday, January 30, 2017 9:50 PM
    Monday, January 30, 2017 8:40 AM

All replies

• Hi friend,

The file you uploaded is gone.

Would you please share us your operating system? If it’s on Windows 7 you may refer to the page below, in the Multiple feature installation errors part, it offers several methods to resolve this kind issues, it might be helpful to you:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3039361/common-issues-in-visual-studio-2015-setup

Please check the link you posted, and you could upload the file again if it’s possible.

Best regards,

Fletcher

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by MrDebugging Monday, January 30, 2017 9:50 PM
    Monday, January 30, 2017 8:40 AM
  • Hi Fletcher,

Thanks for replying. I have no idea why the file disappeared from my onedrive, but here it is again.

I will try to install it once more following the instructions in that link provided.

Thanks again for your help so far.

Monday, January 30, 2017 1:03 PM
  • Hi Fletcher,

I managed to fix the issue. The problem was that I had disabled SymbolicLinks completely from the file system, which as preventing the installation to go on to the next steps.

Thanks for trying to help.

Monday, January 30, 2017 9:52 PM
  • Hi friend,

I'm glad that your issue has been resolved. That's great.

Best regards,

Fletcher

MSDN Community Support

Tuesday, January 31, 2017 1:07 AM