Validation error. Data Flow Task: OLE DB Source [94]: RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all,

I am trying to executed a packege so that it loads data from from the excel file to the SQL Server Server database.

When I execute it, it prompts the following error message and 1 warning

The excel file has three colums, Week, Item and Value

Error 4 Validation error. Data Flow Task: OLE DB Source [94]: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_OLEDBERROR.  An OLE DB error has occurred. Error code: 0x80040E14.  An OLE DB record is available.  Source: "Microsoft OLE DB Provider for Oracle"  Hresult: 0x80040E37  Description: "ORA-00942: table or view does not exist ". Test - GET NW PERF 1.dtsx 0 0 

Warning

Warning 1 Validation warning. Data Flow Task: OLE DB Destination [36]: The external metadata column collection is out of synchronization with the data source columns. The column "DAY" needs to be added to the external metadata column collection.  The column "TCH_AVAIL" needs to be added to the external metadata column collection.  The column "PDROP" needs to be added to the external metadata column collection.  The column "P_HR" needs to be added to the external metadata column collection.  The column "SFAIL" needs to be added to the external metadata column collection.  The "external metadata column "VALUE" (90)" needs to be removed from the external metadata column collection.  The "external metadata column "ITEM" (89)" needs to be removed from the external metadata column collection. Not in use - GET NW STATS.dtsx 0 0 

Could someone give me a hand here.

Regards,

Ronald

Thursday, November 8, 2007 7:45 AM

Answers

• It looks like you are actually trying to load data from an Oracle table into a SQL database; there is nothing in the error message about Excel. Can you please review your environment and verify that you are doing what you think you are doing?

Also, this warning occurs because changes have been made to the destination table after the package was built. You need to edit the destination component in the SSIS designer in order to get the two back in sync.

Thursday, November 8, 2007 1:07 PM