none
Selfcert.exe 2 sha values? RRS feed

• Question

• Home User Office 365.

And NOT a DEV.

Found Selfcert.exe it has sha1 and a sha2.

If I open the certificate, I can assign what I want to it, I can remove the name of the certificate holder, in this case it states Microsoft Corporation, and insert a new text.

I can remove the files abilityes and personla informations, like it was a jpg file from my personal camera.

And I Wonder is it a hack on my computer?

Friday, February 10, 2017 3:02 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Selfcert.exe is used to create a self-signing certificate to sign your Office macro. For more information, please visit Digitally sign your macro project

This signature confirms that the VBA macro project originated from the certificate signer and has not been altered. When you add a digital signature to a VBA macro project (also known as code signing), you are supplying a verifiable signature that can vouch for the authenticity and integrity of the VBA macro project.

Regards,

Celeste

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Fxtell Tuesday, May 16, 2017 5:24 AM
    Monday, February 13, 2017 7:17 AM
  • Thanks!

I'll marks as an answer.

• Marked as answer by Fxtell Wednesday, June 7, 2017 5:24 PM
    Tuesday, May 16, 2017 5:24 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Selfcert.exe is used to create a self-signing certificate to sign your Office macro. For more information, please visit Digitally sign your macro project

This signature confirms that the VBA macro project originated from the certificate signer and has not been altered. When you add a digital signature to a VBA macro project (also known as code signing), you are supplying a verifiable signature that can vouch for the authenticity and integrity of the VBA macro project.

Regards,

Celeste

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Fxtell Tuesday, May 16, 2017 5:24 AM
    Monday, February 13, 2017 7:17 AM
  • Thanks!

I'll marks as an answer.

• Marked as answer by Fxtell Wednesday, June 7, 2017 5:24 PM
    Tuesday, May 16, 2017 5:24 AM