Lightswitch / Sql Server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I know nothing about Azure.

I need to move an old Lightswitch 2011 in-browser app that currently run on Arvixe server to Azure.

I don't know how to do this.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Dave

• Moved by Dan Rediske Friday, August 19, 2016 8:14 PM Lightswitch question
    Thursday, August 18, 2016 10:18 PM

Answers

• Hi Dave, although I'd really like to help as I know very well what it means running on Arvixe (!!!), unfortunately I never used SL but moved my HTML apps to azure hassle-free.

I think you've already seen this old post , now "Websites" has become "App Services", I don't know exactly how deployment wizard is for SL but creating app service (plan) + sql server + database in the new portal  is very easy.

Starting with a new pay-as-you-go subscription you'll have some credit, right? Or if you have an MSDN dev/test benefit, maybe you should start creating your Sql Server and migrating your current db.

My apps are very simple, used only internally by a few users, so I found that an F1-free (!) app service was enough so far (with a 'ping' call from uptimerobot every 10 minutes to keep them alive), I'm quite sure you'll find your size between D1 and S3.

I think someone will help more if you'll start and come back here with more detailed questions.

Marco

• Edited by technetcolmar Saturday, August 20, 2016 7:49 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Angie Xu Thursday, September 1, 2016 8:36 AM
    • Marked as answer by Angie Xu Thursday, September 1, 2016 8:36 AM
    Saturday, August 20, 2016 7:41 AM