none
how to check whether I have installed entity framework 6 correctly RRS feed

• Question

• Hello gurus,

I am running Visual Studio 2012 and I have download the .msi installer file for Entity Framework tools set.

but when I tried to use entity framework Database first approach, Server explorer gave the message that Entity Framework 6.0 is not installed, get out of this wizard & install it first.

Error screenshot

I m wondering where I have went wrong to install that.

Kindly give me some assistance regarding this issue.

thank you!

• Edited by pseudocod Thursday, May 22, 2014 7:18 AM attached screen shot
    • Moved by Amanda Zhu Friday, May 23, 2014 3:20 AM
    Thursday, May 22, 2014 7:09 AM

Answers

• I have solved this query by reading this web-site

I learnt that after installing the .MSI installer file of tool kit you need to run the following NUGET command then it will do final polishing of installation over Entity framework.

'Cuz I had installed the software bundled within the .MSI but it didn't accepted by the VS2012.

Anyways, this command came into help

PM> Install-Package EntityFramework

After going to Tools->Nuget Package Manager->Package Manager Console

type the above written command and hit enter & wait for 10+ seconds it will complete the formalities of installation & un-installation of Entity framework 5.0

Thank you!

• Marked as answer by pseudocod Friday, May 23, 2014 9:49 PM
    Friday, May 23, 2014 6:18 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Because your issue is about Entity Framework, I moved this thread to ADO.NET Entity Framework and LINQ to Entities forum for better support.

Thanks,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, May 23, 2014 3:21 AM
  • Hi...

I m sorry for that mistake but I was not able to find the Entity framework related forum, please mark this Post as feedback for this forum site.

However, in the next post(reply) I m posting reply to this thread.

Thank you!

Friday, May 23, 2014 6:03 AM
  • I have solved this query by reading this web-site

I learnt that after installing the .MSI installer file of tool kit you need to run the following NUGET command then it will do final polishing of installation over Entity framework.

'Cuz I had installed the software bundled within the .MSI but it didn't accepted by the VS2012.

Anyways, this command came into help

PM> Install-Package EntityFramework

After going to Tools->Nuget Package Manager->Package Manager Console

type the above written command and hit enter & wait for 10+ seconds it will complete the formalities of installation & un-installation of Entity framework 5.0

Thank you!

• Marked as answer by pseudocod Friday, May 23, 2014 9:49 PM
    Friday, May 23, 2014 6:18 AM