none
Legends in Chart RRS feed

• Question

• On Time Delivery % of projects in Red (< 100%)        
    % of projects in Green (= 100%) 100 100 100  
    First Time Right % of projects in Red (< 100%)        
    SLA Adherence % of projects in Red (< 100%)        

The above data I have liked to the chart. When I click  check box of legends of chart It shows all the text of column.

Is it possible to show only those legends  in chart which contain data.

For e.g if we consider above data then I want to show only

On Time Delivery-% of projects in Green (= 100%)

First Time Right-% of projects in Green (= 100%)

SLA Adherence-% of projects in Green (= 100%)

Do I have to write VBA code for that?

Tuesday, October 31, 2017 12:20 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Could you please share screenshot of your chart or detail repro steps?

According to your description, I have no idea how you create the chart and what you are referring.

I suggest you share your current data or chart and your expected result here. If you fail to upload picture, you could upload it into OneDrive and share the link here. Please visit Share OneDrive files and folders

Regards,

Celeste

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 1, 2017 6:27 AM
  • Friday, November 3, 2017 6:28 AM
  • In above image for Development chart I have mapped data of Development row and column C to L .

When I enable show legend property it will show all text present at column C & D

I want to show that text only which include data.

I just  want to make it more readable in Chart .

Please let me know if anything else required.

Friday, November 3, 2017 6:34 AM
  • Hello,

Sorry to misunderstand your requirement.

Do you want to remove the legend entry in the chart if the series value is empty? E.g. the red area in the following picture.

You could select it and delete manually, but once you re-check to show the legend, it would show again. We could not change this behavior by code. Otherwise, you need to change the data source of the chart. However, I think it make no sense.

If you have any question, please let us know.

Regards,

Celeste

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 3, 2017 9:41 AM
  • Yes I want to remove that red section.

In case of two legends there is no point of removing it. But if you see others chart then it looks like clutter.

Do you have any suggestion for populating above data in a such manner that I can show only present data in more readable manner.

Friday, November 3, 2017 12:18 PM
  • Hi Akshay,

>> Do you have any suggestion for populating above data in a such manner that I can show only present data in more readable manner.

In my option, we should not delete it since it is corresponding to one scenario of Effort Adherence. Even through 5% to 10% does not have value, but, it still is one of Effort Adherence. If you think it does not matter, you may follow below steps to change data source range.

Select Chart->Design->Select Data->Uncheck Legend Entries which is empty.

Best Regards,

Edward

MSDN Community Support

Monday, November 6, 2017 6:51 AM