The following forum(s) have migrated to Microsoft Q&A (Preview): Developing Universal Windows apps!
Visit Microsoft Q&A (Preview) to post new questions.

Learn More

Disable the Panoroma Swipe Gesture. RRS feed

• Question

• I want to disable the Swipe gesture(flicker) in one of my Windows Phone Application.

Does anybody have idea about how to do this.

I have tried setting "IsHitTestVisible" to false, But it Blocks the whole page..

Thursday, January 31, 2013 10:52 AM

All replies

• Dear Harshal,

Have you gone through the link. It has different methods for that purpose

http://windowsphonegeek.com/tips/how-to-disable-pivot-panorama-swipe-gesture-sliding-inside-pivot-item

Vishnu VG

Thursday, January 31, 2013 11:17 AM
  • Hi Vishnu,

I went through the link...

But what am getting is that, they used "IsHitTestVisible" ,which blocks my whole UI. I have buttons on my screen. And I am not able to access it after using it.

Do you know any other method?

Thursday, January 31, 2013 1:04 PM
  • Hi Harshal,

Why do you want to disable the swipe guesture in Panorama? That is intrinsic definition of the Panorama control.

If you don't want to swipe, then why use a resource hogging Panorama? You can as well use a normal page.

ThanQ...

Thursday, January 31, 2013 2:01 PM
  • I am using two conditions in my app.

In first all Panorama items are visible and in second only one item will be visible and all remaining items should be collapsed.

I am  able to do that...

But due to intrinsic  property of Panorama , that single item too provides swipe gesture thing. And all I want is to make that item stable.

Friday, February 1, 2013 4:39 AM