none
Host Integration Server 2006 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Friends,

I have a problem in HIS 2006. For connecting the VSAM using HIS 2006, a UDL file must be made. How can I make that? Please tell me the step wise procedure to connect the VSAM file. 

Tuesday, June 24, 2008 7:19 AM

Answers

• Hi Joby,

There a couple of steps to this and without everything in front of my I will just try to give you a high level how to:

I am assuming you are trying to use the Host Files piece of HIS not the DB2 piece and you already have your connection to your Host System set up in SNA manager.

1) create a Host Files project.  This project type should be under Host Integration Project types in Visual Studios.  This will create a dll for you.

2) using the data access tool with Host Integration Server add the VSAM files as a data source using the dll you just create and you should be able to get the connection string from that.

Another great resource is the Microsoft Virtual Lab on this topic which can be found at

http://msevents.microsoft.com/CUI/WebCastEventDetails.aspx?EventID=1032371228&EventCategory=3&culture=en-US&CountryCode=US

Thanks,

Daniel Cartwright

Thursday, July 3, 2008 9:12 AM

All replies