Customizing Flowswitch and FlowSwitchCaseLink RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Workflow Experts

I am a workflow novice.

I want to give the customer a no-vb-expression experience using a "custom" flowswitch in a rehosted designer (.net 4.5). In the custom flowswitch i want a listbox with possible values to switch from, instead of writing a custom expression to switch from. 

I hope this can be achieved by using workflowItemPresenter, a guy named Morgan Skinner has done something like it, where he drops his own "condition" activity into a decision activity (google morphing conditional activities). I am unsure of how to do this with flowswitch:

Create a custom activity that contain a list of items the user can choose between. The choice will be the expression that the cases from the flowswitch will evaluate from.

What kind of activity should I make? And how will I make sure that the flowswitch will use the activity to evaluate its cases ? 

Another issue I have is with flowswitch is the labels (flowswitchcaselinks). They can only show like 10 charcters (more like 8 its upper case letters or 12-13 if its lowercase letters). Is it possible to alter that, so the labels can show inifinite (or just more) characters?

Wednesday, November 6, 2013 1:55 PM

Answers

• Hi Rasck

If you want to add a listbox in the custom flowswitch, I don't think you can do that, you could write the conditions by yourself like this,

FlowSwitch<string> promoCodeSwitch = new FlowSwitch<string> { Expression = promo, Cases = { { "Single", singleStep }, { "MNK", mnkStep }, { "MWK", mwkStep } }, Default = discountDefault };

Regards

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Angie Xu Tuesday, November 19, 2013 1:37 AM
    Monday, November 11, 2013 5:51 AM