none
I have a question on "Device app for printers SDK sample" from the Sample Code area RRS feed

• Question

• Hi So I have been trying to figure out the app for getting information for printers, I downloaded all 3 versions of this code from the link below and was not able to get the printers to list by default. I found that this had something to do with the " appPackageFamilyName = MicrosoftSDKSamples.DeviceAppForPrinters.CS_8wekyb3d8bbwe". My printers appPackageFamilyName is no where near that So if I set the code to look for my printers appFamilyPackageName it then creates an exception(listed below) when it tries to get the PrinterExtensionContext from the DeviceID. I appreciate any help I have been fighting with this for a while now and no one seems to answer any questions on the codes page.

Thanks!

Message "Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))" string

So I guess my question is:

1) is there a way to change my printers appPackageFamilyName to match what the code is looking for?

2) or how do I get the PrinterExtensionContext for my printer with out the exceptions?

http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/windowsapps/Device-app-for-printers-91f363a9#content

Monday, March 18, 2013 5:38 PM

Answers

• 1) Yes you are expected to change the app package family name to match your app ID.

2) The exception is a result of the mismatched app package family name.

Please feel free to let us know if there is further question.

Monday, April 22, 2013 11:04 PM