How can I change a page title without Sharepoint Designer? RRS feed

• Question

• So I've inherited a Sharepoint build at my new job, and one of the tasks I've been assigned is to change the title of the pages from the "pages-default" title to a customized title. When I say title I mean the meta title inside the <title> tags that appears on top of the browser. When I try to open the pages in Sharepoint Designer it gives me a message stating that the page cannot be edited in Sharepoint Designer, and gives me the option to edit the page in the browser. 

Is there anyway to change what would be contained in the page's <title> tags from within the browser, or is there anyway around the inability to edit in Sharepoint Designer that would allow me to edit from within SP Designer?

Monday, May 3, 2010 9:49 PM

Answers

• Yes you can... SharePoint Designer is really used to create the layouts, master pages and CSS files. It's easier to create all pages through the Site Actions in the browser. But if change the title of pages already created it is very easy:

1. In the page editing toolbar (if you don't see it, click Site Actions > Show Page Editing Toolbar) click Page

2. Choose Page settings and Schedule

3. Change the title in the title field

Monday, May 3, 2010 10:15 PM