Problem in importing table from SQL server source RRS feed

• Question

• Importing table from SQL server 2008 R2 to powerpivot for excel . (32 bit ). showing me error "PowerPivot Database Error : Table name 'Log' not found in the current table collection."

1. We tried importing from different source (SQL, text file) also having same issue.

2. Tried reintallation of powerpivot .

Please suggest .

Thanks

Thursday, January 5, 2012 10:24 AM

Answers

• Hi Preeti_Accenture,

I try to reproduce this error in local environment, however it works very well. This error is a little general, so here I want to confirm with you several points:

1. Can you import the data into PowerPivot correctly before? If so what action you have done?

2. Have you installed the other version of SQL Server? such as SQL Server 2012 in local.

Besides, have you have the Office fully installation? Before install add-in for PowerPivot, Office Shared Features must be installed with Excel 2010. When installing Excel, you do not need to select any of the items under Office Shared Features, but the parent folder must be selected. Selecting the folder adds Visual Studio Tools for Office to your installation.

Thanks,
    Challen Fu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Challen Fu Saturday, January 14, 2012 2:11 PM
    Friday, January 6, 2012 11:17 AM

All replies

• Wanted to add- Using SQL server 2008 R2 Named instance and powerpivot for excel.
    Thursday, January 5, 2012 10:56 AM
  • Hi Preeti_Accenture,

I try to reproduce this error in local environment, however it works very well. This error is a little general, so here I want to confirm with you several points:

1. Can you import the data into PowerPivot correctly before? If so what action you have done?

2. Have you installed the other version of SQL Server? such as SQL Server 2012 in local.

Besides, have you have the Office fully installation? Before install add-in for PowerPivot, Office Shared Features must be installed with Excel 2010. When installing Excel, you do not need to select any of the items under Office Shared Features, but the parent folder must be selected. Selecting the folder adds Visual Studio Tools for Office to your installation.

Thanks,
    Challen Fu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Challen Fu Saturday, January 14, 2012 2:11 PM
    Friday, January 6, 2012 11:17 AM