How to creating app data ?

Question

• How can i add data that will be stored permanently into the app ,so that when you install the app you also see that data ?

19karabo91

Friday, August 15, 2014 8:32 AM

Answers

• Add your data files to your project and mark them as content so they will be copied to your appx package when the app is compiled and deployed. The files will then be available for reading in Package.InstalledLocation and can be referenced with the ms-appx: URI (see URI schemes ).

Your app has read-only access to its InstalledLocation. If you need write access then you can copyt the files from the InstalledLocation to your Application Data folders when the app first needs them.

--Rob

Monday, August 18, 2014 4:39 AM
    Owner

All replies

• Hi Karabo,

Your requirement is not clear. I assume you want to build a windows store app with some custom data in app. I recommend you use app resources. Please refer to see Resource Management System on MSDN page. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/jj552947.aspx.

If this doesn’t help, please post more information about your problem.

Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, August 18, 2014 2:26 AM
  • Add your data files to your project and mark them as content so they will be copied to your appx package when the app is compiled and deployed. The files will then be available for reading in Package.InstalledLocation and can be referenced with the ms-appx: URI (see URI schemes ).

Your app has read-only access to its InstalledLocation. If you need write access then you can copyt the files from the InstalledLocation to your Application Data folders when the app first needs them.

--Rob

Monday, August 18, 2014 4:39 AM
    Owner