Server was unable to process request. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have made webserive to fetch the file names in a directory.The problem is that when i reference that
    web service from local host it works fine.

But when i host that web service over the internet and try to use that it gives me an error .

Server was unable to process request. --> Access to the path ... is denied.

please help
    Wednesday, March 19, 2008 7:36 AM

Answers

• This issue is security issue.

Do you use impersonation in your web service?

Also I suggest you to check security settings of virtual folder and in config file.

Wednesday, March 19, 2008 9:58 AM

All replies

• This issue is security issue.

Do you use impersonation in your web service?

Also I suggest you to check security settings of virtual folder and in config file.

Wednesday, March 19, 2008 9:58 AM
  • i give full permission to the "ASP_NET" user for the folder i want to access and the problem is solved. But there is one problem too. i have a windows application and it must download all the files from that folder. when i use the ftp classes such as FtpWebRequest to download the files, it throws "The remote server returned an error: (530) Not logged in." exception although the username and password is true.

please help
    Wednesday, March 19, 2008 2:46 PM
  •  erceng wrote:
    i give full permission to the "ASP_NET" user for the folder i want to access and the problem is solved. But there is one problem too. i have a windows application and it must download all the files from that folder. when i use the ftp classes such as FtpWebRequest to download the files, it throws "The remote server returned an error: (530) Not logged in." exception although the username and password is true.

please help

I believe you should create separate post for this problem...

Wednesday, March 19, 2008 2:58 PM