none
can .net framework auto update? RRS feed

• Question

• about five hundred of shop install .net framework 3.5 sp1 on window xp

i want to know can it auto update to .net framework 4.0 ?

try more
    Friday, June 11, 2010 4:37 PM

Answers

• Hi Alphais,

Thank you for your post.

The .NET Framework has two main components: the common language runtime (CLR) and the .NET Framework class library. The common language runtime is the foundation of the .NET Framework. .NET Framework 3.5 uses CLR version 2.0 and so does .NET Framework 2.0 or 3.0, while .NET framework 4.0 uses v4.0.

For your concern, you should install .NET Framework 4.0 separate from .NET Framework 3.5. As far as I know, there is no automatic update from .NET 3.5 to .NET 4.0.

Hope this helps! If you have any concern, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by alphais Monday, June 14, 2010 6:30 PM
    Monday, June 14, 2010 11:36 AM

All replies

• Hi Alphais,

Thank you for your post.

The .NET Framework has two main components: the common language runtime (CLR) and the .NET Framework class library. The common language runtime is the foundation of the .NET Framework. .NET Framework 3.5 uses CLR version 2.0 and so does .NET Framework 2.0 or 3.0, while .NET framework 4.0 uses v4.0.

For your concern, you should install .NET Framework 4.0 separate from .NET Framework 3.5. As far as I know, there is no automatic update from .NET 3.5 to .NET 4.0.

Hope this helps! If you have any concern, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by alphais Monday, June 14, 2010 6:30 PM
    Monday, June 14, 2010 11:36 AM
  • thank you for answer, so i have to update client throught wcf stream,transfer .net 4.0 to client,then launch it
    try more
    Monday, June 14, 2010 6:34 PM
  • Hi Alphais,

It's my pleasure!

Have a nice week!

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen
    Tuesday, June 15, 2010 2:59 AM