Package/Identity/Name RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to upload a new app and when i'm uploading the package i get the error "Invalid package identity name: 946994c7-501f-4039-9de1-105e696db7d9 (expected: 2173LexiconSoftware.291464336355F)"

I  don't know where in the package.manifest is the value for "package identity name"

Kostas Kousinovalis

• Moved by Jayden Gu Wednesday, November 2, 2016 2:51 AM relate to the store
    Tuesday, November 1, 2016 9:28 PM

Answers

• Hi Kostas,

I find you upload the Debug .xap file thus I think that you might have corrected the identity value as I suggest in .appxmanifest and run your project in Release mode in order to generate your package. But you upload the .xap under your Debug folder in which the identity value is still the same as your beginning so that the error persists.

Now you might double check if all the value has been matching each other and then run your project in Release mode. Then in the submission page in Dashboard, browse the file like below and upload the Release .xap file.

By the way, since Silverlight app is targeting on Windows Phone device family, you're supposed to choose ARM architecture instead of Any CPU. Although I have tried with "Any CPU" package and manage to upload it, it might still cause something wrong in app certification phase.

Best regards,

Mattew Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Mattew Wu Thursday, November 3, 2016 7:53 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Mattew Wu Thursday, November 3, 2016 7:54 AM
    • Marked as answer by kousinovalis Thursday, November 3, 2016 11:11 AM
    Thursday, November 3, 2016 7:39 AM

All replies

• Hi kousinovalis, 

Your issue is related to the Store and I know a better forum for it: "Submitting and Publishing Apps", let's move your case to there for better support. 

Best Regards,

Jayden Gu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 2, 2016 2:51 AM
  • Hi Kostas,
    When selecting Package.appxmanifest in Visual Studio, you could press F7 to open it in xml editor to view code. Then you could locate the Package Identity Name there and edit it to match the expected value.

Before create your package, please remember to associate your app with the Store to sync the app identity info.
    More details, please see View app identity details.

Best regards,
    Mattew Wu

MSDN Community Support

• Proposed as answer by Mattew Wu Wednesday, November 2, 2016 7:05 AM
    Wednesday, November 2, 2016 7:04 AM
  • How do you "associate your app with the Store"?

Kostas Kousinovalis

Wednesday, November 2, 2016 7:27 AM
  • Hi Kostas,

From the Project menu in your Visual Studio solution, choose "Store > Associate App with the Store". You have to login in your developer account and select the app name you have reserved in your Dashboard to complete the association.

After you associate your app with the Store, these values are downloaded to the app manifest file for the current project on your local machine:

• Package Display Name
      • Package Name
      • Publisher ID
      • Publisher Display Name
      • Version

Best regards,

Mattew Wu

MSDN Community Support

• Edited by Mattew Wu Wednesday, November 2, 2016 7:43 AM
    Wednesday, November 2, 2016 7:39 AM
  • I've changed the Identity name and now the error is

Invalid package identity name: 946994c7-501f-4039-9de1-105e696db7d9 (expected: 2173LexiconSoftware.291464336355F)

Invalid package family name: 946994c7-501f-4039-9de1-105e696db7d9_8jnvga70s0yn2 (expected: 2173LexiconSoftware.291464336355F_8jnvga70s0yn2)

I'm sending you screenshot of the xml

Kostas Kousinovalis

Wednesday, November 2, 2016 7:52 AM
  • I don't have Associate App with the Store in Store. See it

Kostas Kousinovalis

Wednesday, November 2, 2016 8:17 AM
  • Hello,

You might refer to this thread or you could provide more info about your app and your Visual Studio version so that we may assist you better.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Mattew Wu

MSDN Community Support

• Edited by Mattew Wu Wednesday, November 2, 2016 8:27 AM
    Wednesday, November 2, 2016 8:26 AM
  • The Visual Studio version is 2015 Professional Update 3, but the app is Silverlight that's why the menu is not showing.

What are we do in this situation?

Kostas Kousinovalis

Wednesday, November 2, 2016 9:14 AM
  • Hello,

I have made a test in my side and fortunately I can reproduce the same issue as yours. And I note that you modify your app Display Name in your package.appmanifest too.

If fact, Display Name is different from App Identity Name, you have to make sure it same as the app name in your Dashboard. And you'd better keep your app project name the same as app name in Dashboard too. I have managed to upload my Silverlight app since I modify the value based on the error indication.

So please sync the Display Name and modify your app following error prompt to have a try again.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Mattew Wu

MSDN Community Support

• Edited by Mattew Wu Wednesday, November 2, 2016 10:48 AM
    Wednesday, November 2, 2016 10:48 AM
  • Now i have other error

These are all the settings. I dont know what else to do? Why you make it so hard? 

Kostas Kousinovalis

Wednesday, November 2, 2016 1:54 PM
  • Hi Kostas,

I find you upload the Debug .xap file thus I think that you might have corrected the identity value as I suggest in .appxmanifest and run your project in Release mode in order to generate your package. But you upload the .xap under your Debug folder in which the identity value is still the same as your beginning so that the error persists.

Now you might double check if all the value has been matching each other and then run your project in Release mode. Then in the submission page in Dashboard, browse the file like below and upload the Release .xap file.

By the way, since Silverlight app is targeting on Windows Phone device family, you're supposed to choose ARM architecture instead of Any CPU. Although I have tried with "Any CPU" package and manage to upload it, it might still cause something wrong in app certification phase.

Best regards,

Mattew Wu

MSDN Community Support

• Edited by Mattew Wu Thursday, November 3, 2016 7:53 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Mattew Wu Thursday, November 3, 2016 7:54 AM
    • Marked as answer by kousinovalis Thursday, November 3, 2016 11:11 AM
    Thursday, November 3, 2016 7:39 AM
  • That is!!!

After 2 weeks of searching why, now is up.

Thanks a lot

Kostas Kousinovalis

Thursday, November 3, 2016 11:12 AM