none
Installation failed for component Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0SP1 (x64) RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi,

I am trying to install Visual Basic Express 2008 from the ofline image. I tried installing several times and it kept failing. after a few minutes I discovered that the .net 3.5 framework does not install so I ran the dotNetFx35setup.exe directly from the image(mounted). This failed giving me the folowing error in the dd_dotnetfx35error.txt file.

Code Block

[12/02/07,13:58:27] Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0SP1 (x64) (CBS): [2] Error: Installation failed for component Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0SP1 (x64) (CBS). MSI returned error code 34

[12/02/07,13:59:36] WapUI: [2] DepCheck indicates Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0SP1 (x64) (CBS) is not installed.

It looks to me that it seems to be a problem with the Service pack of the .net 2.0 framework. The only one I could find is NetFx20SP1_x64.exe but this seems to noly be for XP. It simply tells me this product is not supported on vista (or something like that). 

I am trying to do this on a  Vista Ultimate X64 system.

I made a copy of the following files and can post it if needed.

• dd_depcheck_NETFX_EXP_35.txt
    • dd_dotnetfx35install.txt

Sunday, December 2, 2007 12:21 PM

Answers

• Error code 34 generally means that the machine needs a reboot because a file is locked (usually due to Windows updates) and .Net Framework fails to install. Have you both tried rebooting and starting installation again?

Are you getting the exact same error after that?

If you still see issues, you can use the tool posted here http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archive/2007/11/21/6458047.aspx to collect the logs and send vslogs.cab file to me at veronica dot giaudrone at microsoft dot com

Thanks,

Veronica

Wednesday, December 5, 2007 9:45 PM

All replies

• Try these steps:

- Install all recommended updates from Windows Update

- Reboot your machine

- Start .netfx 3.5 installation again.

Let me know if this doesn't help.

Thanks,

Veronica

Wednesday, December 5, 2007 3:10 AM
  • All recomended updates is installed and I still get an error.

Do I need to reinstall Vista or can I simply repair or reinstall .net2,0 (I think it is part of Vista)

Wednesday, December 5, 2007 10:22 AM
  • I would recommend to reinstall .NET Framework 2.0 before install 3.5 as a try.

If you still has this problem, you could use ProcessMonitor from http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/ProcessesAndThreads/processmonitor.mspx , to find where the problem is when error fired.

Thanks
    Wednesday, December 5, 2007 11:57 AM
  •  

exact same problem here.  Any resolution?
    Wednesday, December 5, 2007 4:44 PM
  • Error code 34 generally means that the machine needs a reboot because a file is locked (usually due to Windows updates) and .Net Framework fails to install. Have you both tried rebooting and starting installation again?

Are you getting the exact same error after that?

If you still see issues, you can use the tool posted here http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archive/2007/11/21/6458047.aspx to collect the logs and send vslogs.cab file to me at veronica dot giaudrone at microsoft dot com

Thanks,

Veronica

Wednesday, December 5, 2007 9:45 PM
  • I have the same issue, tried everything.  Dot Net 2.0SP1 is part of Dot Net 3.5SP1 install but it complains about 2.0.  Has this ever been addressed?

I get the same error when running dotnetfx35setup.exe.

Installation failed for component Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0SP1 (x64) (CBS)

Thanks,

Ken
    Monday, March 30, 2009 6:09 PM
  • I have the same exact problem too. Could you please keep me updated on how to resolve this issue? Thank you in advance.
    Tuesday, August 11, 2009 12:49 PM