none
How to configure HTTP send adapter for POST in BizTalk RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have a request where i have to use POST for passing data to the client Server for getting the response back.

I am very new to this HTTP send adapter for POST.

Please guide me with some examlples and also provide me with the easy steps to initiate the process.

Thanks

Ramjeet

Thursday, June 17, 2010 2:46 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Ramjeet,

The HTTP adapter is using a HTTP Post to send the message to a destination. The destination needs to be some server side code that recieves the message and does something with it. An important note here is that you can not use the HTTP adapter to place a file on a web folder. The HTTP adapter consists of two adapters—a receive adapter and a send adapter. The HTTP receive adapter is a Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) Internet Server Application Programming Interface (ISAPI) extension that the IIS process hosts, and controls the receive locations that use the HTTP adapter. The HTTP send adapter controls the send ports that use the HTTP adapter. An scenario for its usage is descibed in Sending Parameters with the BizTalk HTTP Adapter. More information you can find on MSDN: HTTP Send Adapter. You can find sample with code via this blogpost by Saravana Adding Custom HTTP Headers to messages send via HTTP Adapter. Finally there is also a sample on your box via SDK: <Samples Path>\AdaptersDevelopment\HttpAdapter\, see also HTTP Adapter (BizTalk Server Sample).

HTH

Regards,

Steef-Jan Wiggers
    MCTS BizTalk Server
    http://soa-thoughts.blogspot.com/
    If this answers your question please mark it accordingly

BizTalk
    Thursday, June 17, 2010 5:17 PM
  • Hi Steef,

Please provide any example beside the above links you have provided.....

Thanks

Ramjeet

Monday, June 21, 2010 7:56 AM
  • Hi,

Perhaps this sample based upon real scenario is something you are looking for.

HTH

Regards,

Steef-Jan Wiggers
    MCTS BizTalk Server
    http://soa-thoughts.blogspot.com/
    If this answers your question please mark it accordingly

BizTalk
    Monday, June 21, 2010 12:40 PM