none
Excel 2010 VBA project has spurious reference to Microsoft Visual Studio .NET VB and C# Project Model when opened in Excel 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• An Excel file with some VBA scripts that work fine in Excel 2010 causes a missing reference error in Excel 2013, when Macros/Content are enabled.  The reference, to the "Microsoft Visual Studio .NET VB and C# Project Model", doesn't exist in the original file when opened in Excel 2010.  I have no idea how this reference is getting created when the source computer doesn't have this library installed.  When Content is enabled, this "missing" reference causes a deadlock because I am instantly thrown to the debugger and can't exit without getting the same error message in the debugger.  And of course the Tools -> References option in VBA is grayed once I hit the error, so I can't fix affected files once I enable content.
    Thursday, May 9, 2013 1:04 PM

All replies

• Hi Sleet01,

Would you please show us more detailed scenario for further trouble shooting. Let's see which assemblies has been implement in the Excel 2013. And it will help us trouble shooting if we can see the particular VBA script.

Have a good day,

Tom

Friday, May 10, 2013 1:19 AM
  • Hello Sleet01,

I had the same problem. The References button is greyed out because you are in debug mode.

the problem is described here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/856804

Try clicking Run->Reset.

if that doesn't work, enable the developer tab in excel from the File -> options -> customize ribbon. Then start Visual Basic for Applications editor from excel (developer tab). The References option will no longer be greyed out.

I know this is an old thread, but I hope this helps anyone else who lands on this page trying to find the solution.

Comrade

Wednesday, September 23, 2015 4:51 PM