Azure file storage with office 365 RRS feed

• Question

• Our internet based application is based on Sharepoint 2010. We have around 3-7 TB  size of documents stored in SP2010. We would like to migrate this data into file store where it can be integrated with any platform. So I am thinking Azure File storage as option to store the data. We do not want to move to SP2013/SP2016 just tos tore documents. As all other capabilities client wants need to be done with heavy customization. So SP is not a good choice.

Are there any tools out there to move documents to Azure file storage from sp2010. Does Azure file storage retain all versions of a document.

And tomorrow if I want to build an custom application to integrate with Azure file storage can we open the documents with office 365 capabilities like versioning, check in , check out.

I am pretty new to Azure. Just exploring the options.

Friday, September 28, 2018 3:57 AM

All replies

• hello KPR at sharepoint

I am sorry about the delayed response, Azure files does  not exactly retain file versioning, this is a good example of what could be an alternative at the moment

https://serverfault.com/questions/899391/how-to-add-versioning-support-to-azure-file-storage

if you have additional questions on this topic please let me know, if this helped you please mark the thread as answered

best 

Friday, October 12, 2018 4:11 PM
  • hello KPR at sharepoint

just as a follow up, I would like to know if you have any comments on my previous reply, if you consider this answers your question please mark the thread as answered

best 

Monday, October 15, 2018 4:20 PM