Change drill down order (Power Pivot and Power Query) RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all,

I've a Power Pivot with data source Power Query.

When I drill down to my data the columns aren't in the order that I want. Can I change that? I searched online, but didn't really find the right solution for my problem.

Kind regards,

Mark

Wednesday, June 27, 2018 6:20 PM

Answers

• Hi Mark,

Thanks for your question.

>>>When I drill down to my data the columns aren't in the order that I want. Can I change that? I searched online, but didn't really find the right solution for my problem.
    Unfortunately, the drill down action will return the raw data from the related underlying tables, we can't apply sorting options manually, thus we can not change the dataset order returned from drill down currently.

Best Regards
    Willson Yuan
    MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Thursday, June 28, 2018 3:30 AM
  • Not necessary I see. However it's based on alphabet.
    Monday, July 2, 2018 2:28 PM
  • Hi Mark,

Thanks for your response.

>>>How do I hide the source name?
    If you mean source table name, we can not hide the source table name unfortunately.

One more thing, please kindly mark the helpful replies as answers. By doing so, it will benefit all community members who are facing this similar issues. Your contribution is highly appreciated.

Best Regards
    Willson Yuan
    MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Thursday, July 5, 2018 7:37 AM

All replies

• Hi Mark,

Thanks for your question.

>>>When I drill down to my data the columns aren't in the order that I want. Can I change that? I searched online, but didn't really find the right solution for my problem.
    Unfortunately, the drill down action will return the raw data from the related underlying tables, we can't apply sorting options manually, thus we can not change the dataset order returned from drill down currently.

Best Regards
    Willson Yuan
    MSDN Community Support

Thursday, June 28, 2018 3:30 AM
  • Hi Willson,

But it is sorted in a different way than my raw data. On which criteria is the sorting based?

Kind regards,

Mark

Thursday, June 28, 2018 9:37 PM
  • Hi Mark,

>>>But it is sorted in a different way than my raw data. On which criteria is the sorting based?

Based on my search, it will based on the sorting of your Power Query data set.

Best Regards
    Willson Yuan
    MSDN Community Support

Monday, July 2, 2018 5:09 AM
  • Not necessary I see. However it's based on alphabet.
    Monday, July 2, 2018 2:28 PM
  • I have another question. 

For each column after down drilling I see the Source Name [field name].

How do I hide the source name?

Wednesday, July 4, 2018 4:48 PM
  • Hi Mark,

>>>How do I hide the source name?
    If you mean source table name, we can not hide the source table name unfortunately.

One more thing, please kindly mark the helpful replies as answers. By doing so, it will benefit all community members who are facing this similar issues. Your contribution is highly appreciated.

Best Regards
    Willson Yuan
    MSDN Community Support

Thursday, July 5, 2018 7:37 AM
  • There a lot of things that PowerPivot can not do. It needs some work from Microsoft I think!
    Thursday, July 5, 2018 11:43 AM