none
Access Contacts and Windows People RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am using Office 2010 in windows 10.

I want to use Access templet : contacts.

In this templet there are four button namely : Add from outlook, Save as outlook contact, collect data and email. 

On clicking it it tries to configure office outlook.  

However, in windows 10, mail and people app is more user friendly and i am using it.  So i want to configure Contacts templet with people and mail app.

I know it is not impossible, someone can do it.  But i can't .

Can any one help me?

Thursday, February 18, 2016 5:20 AM

Answers

• Hi AskishKumar,

Do you mean you want to get contacts from people application? Since this forum is used to discuss about Access developing like Access automation, there is no way to achieve your requirement with Access Object model. If you could get contacts from people application, I think you could write them into Excel or Text File, and then import them into Access. If you could not get contacts from people app, I think your requirement is impossible with Access Object model.

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, February 22, 2016 6:18 AM

All replies

• Hi AshishKumar1200,

>> I know it is not impossible, someone can do it.  But i can't .
    How do you know it is possible? Could you share us a link?

>> So i want to configure Contacts templet with people and mail app.

What do you mean with this? Do you want to get contacts from people app or you want to show People app contacts dialog when you click Add From Outlook button?

In my option, with built-in RunMenuCommand->AddContactFromOutlook, we could not configure Contacts templet with people and mail app. Technically, we could achieve our own function to add contacts from people app, but I know nothing about getting contacts from people app. There is no Office APIs could achieve this. If you mean People app contacts dialog, you could create a custom Form with the same design. But for the contacts records, it is impossible with Office Object model.

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Friday, February 19, 2016 2:29 AM
  • Hi, Edward,

Thanks for reply.

1.  As i understand, in IT world, Nothing is impossible, May be i cant do it, but some one can do it.  May be it could not be done at this time, but may be later it could be possible.  So, i write i know it is possible.  Currently i dont know any link other wise i definitely used that. Sorry.

2. I want to sync people with contacts in access. It may be like :

People <==>  Contacts (Access)

People <==> Outlook (Ms Office <==> Contacts (Access)

or in any other format.

but ultimate objective to get data in contacts.

Thank you

Friday, February 19, 2016 5:01 AM
  • Hi AskishKumar,

Do you mean you want to get contacts from people application? Since this forum is used to discuss about Access developing like Access automation, there is no way to achieve your requirement with Access Object model. If you could get contacts from people application, I think you could write them into Excel or Text File, and then import them into Access. If you could not get contacts from people app, I think your requirement is impossible with Access Object model.

Best Regards,

Edward

Monday, February 22, 2016 6:18 AM
  • Thanks Edward,

I am going to post it in people fouram.

Monday, February 22, 2016 6:23 AM