Legacy SignatureCapture RRS feed

• Question

• Does anyone have any experience sending text to the display of a SignatureCapture device?  I have a ID-Tech uSign 200 RS232.  I can get the signature to read no problem, but I have no idea how to send text to the display.  I'm assuming I need to use DirectIO.  I have all the technical manuals from ID-Tech.  There are functions in the technical manual and the parameters, but I don't see how they relate to the DirectIO function.  DirectIO takes two integers and an object as parameters.  An example from the ID-Tech manual on how to send text is below:

Draw text
    COMMAND: <0x80><0x32><LengthLow><0x00><Position><String Length><String>
    Draw string. uSign will display all chars in the string if the char can be displayed on the
    LCD.
    PARAMETERS:
    <0x80><0x32> is the command head.
    < LengthLow><0x00> is the command length. LengthLow =6 + String Length
    <Position> is the start point defined as <XL><XH><YL><YH>
    <String Length> is the string length defined as <Length low byte><Length high byte>
    RETURN:
    None

I'm using c# and POS for .NET 1.11.  Any help would be appreciated.

Friday, December 10, 2010 8:54 PM

All replies

• I forgot to mention that I am using the ID-Tech uSign in Legacy mode.  It isn't detected any other way.  I assume because its RS232 and I'm using .net 1.1.
    Friday, December 10, 2010 8:55 PM
  • Hi,

Is that example specifically designed to be used with Pos .Net ? It looks to me more like some kind of serial protocol or something, which you could probably use if you're not using Pos .Net to control the device. Not all signature capture devices have LCD screen, so maybe this is something supported by your device that isn't supported by the UPOS standard/Pos .Net ?

Wednesday, December 22, 2010 7:09 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi tokm908!

I came across your post when searching for resources regarding the uSign 200. 

I haven't been able to successfully retrieve the signature data from the device using C#. Do you have some sample code that can help me on the way?

Wednesday, April 6, 2011 12:29 PM