none
how to publish task pane app to an organization app catalog - office 2013 apps RRS feed

• Question

• I have developed an app for office 2013(word, excel and powerpoint) using VS2012 and Microsoft Office Developer Tools for VS2012.

Now i want to allow test team to test my app. Following that article Publish apps for Office and SharePoint

Publishing task pane and content apps to an organization app catalog:
    For task pane and content apps, IT departments can deploy and configure private shared folder app catalogs to provide the same Office-solution catalog experience that the Office Store provides

Then i followed that article How to: Create a network share catalog for task pane and content apps, so anyone in my network or can access my folder be able to add the app into his office.

Now my problem is I don't know how to do the last step. for some mysterious reasons there is no documentation for that step and i'm stuck. Can anyone give me hint about that.

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 4:13 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Have you copied Office apps manifests to the share folder?

Below is my steps follow your reference:

1. Create an Office 2013 apps
    2. Create share folder and choose people on your network to share with

3. Copy apps manifests to the share folder

Wednesday, August 28, 2013 1:57 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Have you copied Office apps manifests to the share folder?

Below is my steps follow your reference:

1. Create an Office 2013 apps
    2. Create share folder and choose people on your network to share with

3. Copy apps manifests to the share folder

Wednesday, August 28, 2013 1:57 PM
  • 4. Add trusted app catalogs

5. Insert apps

Wednesday, August 28, 2013 2:00 PM
  • 6. result

Wednesday, August 28, 2013 2:02 PM
  • Once the app is tested, how can a site license for such a Word app be sold via the App store?

A site license option is available usign the THRESHOLD option for a SharePoint App but this is not available for a Word Office App.

Do we need to sell it via out own web site and then provide provide it to the buy for them to install on a shared drive?  If so we have some options for how to protect it so it can't be installed on other shared drives and I am wondering if anyone has had any experinece of this.

Thanks in advance for any assistance,

Peter Evans http://eMarkingAssistant.com/meeting-cost-and-time-app/

Wednesday, October 8, 2014 12:37 AM