SQL Server 2017 Express - Error installation RRS feed

• Question

• On new installed WIN10 pro (64 bit)
    Tried install SQL server 2017 Express - as administrator!
    Firewall disabled!
    Error installation: exit code: 206811955
    WHY?

Thanks in advance!

Monday, July 22, 2019 4:35 PM

Answers

• HI,

That error is a permissions one.  A reg change may resolve it, but before I make any suggestions I need more info.  Can you please copy the contents of the summary.txt file by following the location in this link.

Thanks,

Matt

Monday, July 22, 2019 7:13 PM
  • Hi JollyGood,

This is a permission issue. Would you please try to run installation file as administrator? And please show us the detailed error message in summary.txt(default path:C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\140\Setup Bootstrap\Log)

Best regards,

Dedmon Dai

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Tuesday, July 23, 2019 2:28 AM

All replies

• HI,

That error is a permissions one.  A reg change may resolve it, but before I make any suggestions I need more info.  Can you please copy the contents of the summary.txt file by following the location in this link.

Thanks,

Matt

Monday, July 22, 2019 7:13 PM
  • Hi JollyGood,

This is a permission issue. Would you please try to run installation file as administrator? And please show us the detailed error message in summary.txt(default path:C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\140\Setup Bootstrap\Log)

Best regards,

Dedmon Dai

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Tuesday, July 23, 2019 2:28 AM