none
blocking issues in .net framework RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I am having trouble enabling .Net Framework 3.5 on my Windows 10 PC. While I have to use Microsoft .net with Netsuite web services on my PC, the installer suggested to install .Net Framework ,Install Microsoft Visual Studio .NET, version 2003 or higher, which includes the .NET framework SDK (RECOMMENDED), or the Microsoft .NET Framework SDK version 1.1 (NOT recommended). Since then I have tried multiple options to install .Net Framework 3.5. I tried enabling from "Turn Windows Feature on or off" when it didn't work, I also downloaded offline as well as online installer and tried that too. But all these option lead to one error. 

It always sends a blocking issues.the .net framework 4.6 redistributable does not apply to this OS.Please download the .net framework 4.6 for your operating system from the Microsoft Download Center.After downloading as per instruction ,it gives the same issue.

Can anyone please instruct me here?

Thanks

Wednesday, October 28, 2015 5:46 PM

All replies

• Hi, I am having trouble enabling .Net Framework 3.5 on my Windows 10 PC. While I have to use Microsoft .net with Netsuite web services on my PC, the installer suggested to install .Net Framework ,Install Microsoft Visual Studio .NET, version 2003 or higher, which includes the .NET framework SDK (RECOMMENDED), or the Microsoft .NET Framework SDK version 1.1 (NOT recommended). Since then I have tried multiple options to install .Net Framework 3.5. I tried enabling from "Turn Windows Feature on or off" when it didn't work, I also downloaded offline as well as online installer and tried that too. But all these option lead to one error. 

It always sends a blocking issues.the .net framework 4.6 redistributable does not apply to this OS.Please download the .net framework 4.6 for your operating system from the Microsoft Download Center.After downloading as per instruction ,it gives the same issue.

Can anyone please instruct me here?

Thanks

Same problem with me, keeps been blocked when install framework 4.0 for windows7 system, how to resolve this?? Thanks a lot

ps: framework 4.0 (full version) was downloaded from microsoft official site.

• Edited by kejia0422 Thursday, October 29, 2015 6:27 AM
    Thursday, October 29, 2015 6:24 AM
  • Hi bigyanKC,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

If an app requires the .NET Framework 3.5, but doesn't find that version enabled on your computer, it displays the prompt for installing the .NET Framework 3.5 on demand, either during installation, or when you run the app for the first time after its installation. In this prompt, you can choose the option “Install this feature” to enable the .NET Framework 3.5 on the computer

At first, you could try to use dism command enable .NET Framework 3.5 (include .NET 2.0 and 3.0) feature in offline mode, please follow the steps below:

Step 1 :
    Insert Windows 8 DVD or mount ISO image. The source of this feature can be found in folder E:\sources\sxs. (In this case E: the user’s drive letter on which the user has loaded Windows 8 Media.)

Step 2 :
    Open CMD.EXE with Administrative Privileges.

Step 3 :
    Run the following command Dism.exe /online /enable-feature /featurename:NetFX3 /All /Source:E:\sources\sxs /LimitAccess, and hit Enter.

After completing the installation of .NET Framework 3.5 you can see that the feature is enabled.

Although it is win8 solution, it also works for win10.

Reference link:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2785188

If the problem still persists, please try sfc/scannow command to do a repair.

Best Regards,

Wen Xu

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, October 29, 2015 8:41 AM