SSRS : Pass Parameter values in the URL SSRS report RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys - I have the reports deployed to the report manager folder and each report has its own parameter. 

For one the report like below, instead of selecting the parameter value.

The user wants to pass the parameter in the URL :

for example : like below 

How can i pass the parameter and its value from the URL  ? Thanks

Thursday, March 12, 2020 2:20 AM

All replies

• Hi Kkran,

I think this link is what you need? : Pass a Report Parameter Within a URL

Regards,

Lukas

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 12, 2020 4:14 AM
  • Is it possible through report manager ? I passed the parameter name and its value and its not working. And also I did hide the parameter in the report as well so that the user cannot be prompted to select value from parameter. 
    Thursday, March 12, 2020 6:43 PM
  • As I researched and tested, it is not possible for now in Web Portal.

And I also found other developers who had same request before: Passing URL parameter for report in web portal

Since the parameter should be passed into report server, I wondered to put parameter in web portal is not easy workable for structure as in ssrs web portal and web service.

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 13, 2020 1:57 AM